Who needs shoes if you've got socks?
Today was another no-nap day at MDO. Now, some mothers would immediately take their children home and put them down to get another 2-3 hours of quiet time to herself. I did not do this. I chose a different approach. My son can't stand to miss anything and as long as he's occupied, he's pretty happy. He did not fuss really at all when I picked him up. In fact, he was just so happy to have my keys that he just kept moving and shaking, and then it was a game. There he was just running done the hallway labyrinth that is the pick-up time at MDO. So, I took him out the playground, fed him a snack, and let him play. I took pictures and chatted with my friends. This approach was a bit selfish, I know. But I got to visit and the activity made certain the John was plum wore out. This assured me there would be no fight when I laid him down for his nap.
When I picked him up today, he was running around in socks, which really didn't matter to me. I assumed that he took them off and were in his bag. Since we were going to the playground, I went to put them on, but they were MIA. Really, MIA. Oops! They went home with someone else today. So John played in his socks at the playground. It didn't seem to phase him at all!
They have these little cars at the playground. They only have one door and it's on the left hand side. And John ALWAYS tries to get in from the right, requiring him to go over the side as you see in the picture above. I've shown him lots of times that there is a door, but he'd rather go over. Most of the time, he'll turn around and face backwards, but today he actually acted like he was driving it, which I thought was pretty cute.
I'm not sure what this look means, but I liked the picture!
John woke up from his nap very upset. And wouldn't really be comforted. He was very restless about it. Finally, I decided he'd better eat and get some Tylenol. After that things did get better. And bedtime was a non-event, thankfully.
-EBP-
When I picked him up today, he was running around in socks, which really didn't matter to me. I assumed that he took them off and were in his bag. Since we were going to the playground, I went to put them on, but they were MIA. Really, MIA. Oops! They went home with someone else today. So John played in his socks at the playground. It didn't seem to phase him at all!
They have these little cars at the playground. They only have one door and it's on the left hand side. And John ALWAYS tries to get in from the right, requiring him to go over the side as you see in the picture above. I've shown him lots of times that there is a door, but he'd rather go over. Most of the time, he'll turn around and face backwards, but today he actually acted like he was driving it, which I thought was pretty cute.
I'm not sure what this look means, but I liked the picture!
John woke up from his nap very upset. And wouldn't really be comforted. He was very restless about it. Finally, I decided he'd better eat and get some Tylenol. After that things did get better. And bedtime was a non-event, thankfully.
-EBP-


