More boy than baby

I couldn't resist taking this picture of JHP reading his book. Not because he's reading the book so intently (although he is), but because he looks so grown up in his little khaki shorts and plaid button-down shirt we put him in to go to church. I can't believe I bought these 24 month shirts and they don't seem all that big on him. They are roomy but aren't swallowing him.

John has discovered that he can rotate some of the rungs on the stools and the make a great squeaking noise. He had come to chase me since I had the camera on and then got sidetracked by the stool. He stopped to make some noise, but in this photo something else must have distracted him, likely John N or the cat.

We had pretty much ignored the amaryllis bulb we had in a pot until John "rediscovered" it on the back porch and moved it to get a little sun and some water. It had already sent up a shoot when he did this. And look what has finally emerged. It only missed Easter by a week. We figured it might be later than this.

John N. and I worked on the dryer vent while JHP was napping today. It seems that we have plugged the line up because there was water in the vent line and the filter screen on the dryer is not filtering. We only got part way done when we stopped because John was sleeping and because John N needed to go to work. We'll have to likely take the back part off the dryer and see what we can do about the filter problem. Then we'll have to see if we can clear the plug some the inside end. I might try to work on it tomorrow, although the "extra" help might prevent this until Daddy gets home.

Since Daddy was gone, it was just me and John for dinner. I had wanted to go to Target, but JHP woke relatively late, around 430p, from his nap. After getting him up, John decided he was hungry. I offered him some milk, but he passed that up going straight to the pantry and patting it and looking at me. After John tried unsuccessfully to reach the handle, I went to open it for him and he reached right in a selected a veggie container. He went to his chair and waited until I lifted him up and buckled him in. Since it was obvious he was hungry, I went ahead an fed him dinner and decided to go to Target after.

The trip was a non-event except for running into SNBNA (whom I knew were heading in that direction) and this one little tidbit I'd like to share. I'd love to show you a picture, but as the old point & shoot was at home, I have none to share. As we were checking out, SNBNA were lining up to do the same. I stopped to chat with Barbara, but John started make the motions that he wanted out of the cart. He'd already started to climb out once earlier and I had to strap him in. Since we'd be getting in the car soon, I went ahead took him out and held him until he wanted down. I let him down and as we started to leave I tried to get him to help "push" the cart from down below. He tried, but when I moved him over, he came up with a better idea. He stepped up on the lower shelf of the basket and then reached up putting his hands in a couple of secure places and peeked around the side of the basket. There he rode ALL the way to the car. He didn't fall off or even look unsteady in the least bit. The basket was built such that he could stand up easily without being tilted backwards. I'm not sure where he saw this done or how he came up with it, but he sure looked comfortable. I wished I'd had the camera with me!

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP