Just the two of us
>> Friday, April 24, 2009 –
Words
What do you get when you cross a requirement to stay at home after lunch and JHP not getting what he wanted? A very unhappy boy. And a frustrated Momma (with a camera!). We were supposed to have two service appointments today, but both were cancelled (I'll use that term loosely, here) at the last minute. So, we stayed home for nothing. Well, almost. I did have the bathroom contractor make it by to discuss the details to finalize the contract. We did walk to the park this morning, but that must have worn off by noon. John was pushing all my buttons and clamoring for attention. When I picked him up all he wanted was down and cried even more. It was clear that nap time was really needed. I had the carry him kicking into this room, but once I gave him his pacifier and blankie, the protesting ceased. And he must have been really in need because he slept for almost 3 hours. When Dad got home, I was better, but I still put him in charge. Thankfully, John was in a pretty happy mood when he woke up.
Our friends the Sloans lent us this classic toy: the colorful popcorn popper (I'm sure that is not the proper name for it, but I'm also sure you know what I'm talking about if I call it that). And John loves it! Can't you tell from the look on his face in this picture? Tonight he pulled it around and around. And he really like sit if you say, "POP! POP!" in a slightly higher pitched voice. He just giggles, kinda like on the first video I ever posted here. I loved to hear that giggle. And surprisingly, he doesn't get the hiccups when he laughs like that. Now, if you tickle him, he's sure to get them.
John and I were playing with his giraffe that Nana gave him for his birthday. I stuffed his front legs into the back of John's shirt and he carried him around for the longest time. Sometimes, he'd walk in circles, just trying to see him back there. He knew he was there, but he couldn't reach him. I thought his was cute picture, with the giraffe peaking over his shoulder.
JHP is starting to mimic words that you say. Sometimes he's more successful that others. Tonight I thought I heard giraffe. And he repeated Daddy when he said tee-tee in response to JHP tinkling in the tub at bath time. He's trying hard to say ball. We've also been watching these baby sign language DVD's. He was very attentive today. I know that it's songs are stuck in my head. Maybe there are in John's, too.
-EBP-
Our friends the Sloans lent us this classic toy: the colorful popcorn popper (I'm sure that is not the proper name for it, but I'm also sure you know what I'm talking about if I call it that). And John loves it! Can't you tell from the look on his face in this picture? Tonight he pulled it around and around. And he really like sit if you say, "POP! POP!" in a slightly higher pitched voice. He just giggles, kinda like on the first video I ever posted here. I loved to hear that giggle. And surprisingly, he doesn't get the hiccups when he laughs like that. Now, if you tickle him, he's sure to get them.
John and I were playing with his giraffe that Nana gave him for his birthday. I stuffed his front legs into the back of John's shirt and he carried him around for the longest time. Sometimes, he'd walk in circles, just trying to see him back there. He knew he was there, but he couldn't reach him. I thought his was cute picture, with the giraffe peaking over his shoulder.
JHP is starting to mimic words that you say. Sometimes he's more successful that others. Tonight I thought I heard giraffe. And he repeated Daddy when he said tee-tee in response to JHP tinkling in the tub at bath time. He's trying hard to say ball. We've also been watching these baby sign language DVD's. He was very attentive today. I know that it's songs are stuck in my head. Maybe there are in John's, too.
-EBP-


