Before and After


Our household was in need of a haircut. I got mine cut yesterday. And JHP got his cut today. (Next up - Daddy!) We went right when they opened and John had a bit of bed head. This is his BEFORE. There were other befores, but you know they always make the before with the person not smiling. That's why I picked this one. He's been sweating so much lately that I thought I'd get it nice and short. While he did give me some angst earlier in the day, he was just perfect for the stylist while riding in his little Taxi. Going out the door after we were done, not so good. But we managed.

Here is John's AFTER. He was really enjoying his Taxi ride. He got a No. 4 clipper on the back and sides, all trimmed up nice and neat. The top was blended in (just like Daddy). I should've taken a picture of how much hair was on the floor. I was surprised when I saw it all. And I was a little shocked that I could see his scalp in places, but the stylist assured me that in two weeks it would be grown out quite nicely. With the way he sweats, I'm just happy it's nice and short. It almost looks like some of the hair near the scalp is quite blond. Since it is so short, I did buy some baby gel, just in case we have some alfalfa issues that water won't tame.

While we were gone to get the haircut, the contractors demolished the old bathroom tile in the master bath. There is a little water damage that will be fixed and we decided that we should let it air out until tomorrow when they start over from scratch with the form. I'm guessing it will be about 5 days or so before it's completely done. I can't wait! John was quite interested in what was going on back there and so I took him back there to see. And, of course, he charmed everyone with the squinty-eyed grin of his. Let's see if keeping him out of there hair goes as planned.


After lunch, I decided I was going to sweep. A few days ago I tried this, and all John wanted to do was carry my broom around. Today, I took the old swiffer broom, shrunk it down to his size, and handed it over. He still wanted my broom, but I kept pumping him up about how helpful he was by sweeping with me with HIS broom. It mostly worked and I was able to get most of the filth off of the floor. When it got to be too much whining, I realized it was nap time and the house fell quiet. Thankfully! The contractors were gone. But I was waiting on the A/C maintenance guy for our checkup and the dryer repair guy. Both showed and took care of business. And John slept through it all. YEAH!


At one point while John was eating dinner, he propped his chin up with his arm. Daddy happened to be near the camera, but missed the shot. But this picture shows just how much hair no longer resides on John's head. It will takes some getting used to!

Oh - I forgot to mention - yesterday JHP started thrusting his tongue out while he was making a sound. I'm guessing he picked at MDO yesterday because neither John or I taught him to do that. It's funny to hear him making the noise. And he likes to do it because it's new! And he's started coming to get me if he wants to show me something. Twice today something upset him or he got a minor boo-boo and he came to get me, wanting me to follow him. I never quite got what happened, but it was cool to see the effort at communication. We had our moments of frustration today, but we also had our moments of love. I guess that's why I'm home. To feel that love!

One more thing - I've put some pictures by a friend of mine from one of the egg hunts we went to on the WebAlbums. You might have to dig back a bit. It was on 4/10/09. There are some really great ones! I really appreciate her sharing them with me.

-EBP-

Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP