Love him in Orange
>> Tuesday, April 21, 2009 –
Words
I've decided I love him in orange. And that's good because in his latest school picture he was dressed in orange. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hoping it was a good one! We were real busy today, but I took some time out this morning before MDO to snap this picture of John dressed in orange with his little stride rite shoes (with matching orange stripes). Too cute!
After MDO, we went to the ob/gyn for my yearly checkup. John was not too excited (ok- he was unhappy) to be getting in the car instead of going to the playground like we most always do after MDO. Time just didn't allow it and he fussed almost halfway to the doctor's office. Everyone there was happy to see how he'd grown and how charming he was. He was making friends with everyone in the waiting room and even gave away his milk to a nice father-to-be that just thought John was adorable. When it was our turn to go, I tried to let him walk/run as much as possible, thinking that when we got into the room I'd put him in the stroller for the exam. This worked well until John started balling when the exam started. Thankfully, things were quick and as soon as I sat up, John calmed. I'm not sure if he thought the doc was hurting me or if maybe he thought it wasn't right because it was a strange man (strange to John anyway - the doc and I go way back - just look at the latest volume of my file - it's almost 1.5 inches thick). Anyway, things got better and we left after he charmed a few more nurses on the way out.
Next we had to make another stop. John actually did really well and only showed his boredom by untying his shoes (as seen above). Then he tried to get them in his mouth, or at least the shoelace. I keep telling him shoes are not for chewing, but it doesn't seem to sink in.
John is starting to say a few more words, some better than others. Dadee is heard very often. He associates it with John N, but also I think he uses it for outdoors. Yesterday, he said Uh-Oh when he dropped his milk on the floor and will repeat it if you say it. Today, I could have sworn he said Bye when I told him we were going bye-bye. He will say mama on rare occasion. I'm not concerned about this because I know that I will hear it way too often soon enough. The teachers said he was trying really hard on ball today. He's got the B down, but hasn't quite gotten ball and blue and balloon, yet. He babbles a lot, so I'm sure we'll be seeing at least a few more words come along soon.
John N worked on the dryer vent again tonight. He cleaned a lot more out, like almost as much as I did. He had motivation to do so. He needed to wash some jeans, which he did. And get this - the jeans dried in an unbelievably short amount of time. And we did decide we better call a professional to verify that the dryer is working properly. Something has to be wrong for that much lint to make it past the filter. We'll see...
-EBP-
After MDO, we went to the ob/gyn for my yearly checkup. John was not too excited (ok- he was unhappy) to be getting in the car instead of going to the playground like we most always do after MDO. Time just didn't allow it and he fussed almost halfway to the doctor's office. Everyone there was happy to see how he'd grown and how charming he was. He was making friends with everyone in the waiting room and even gave away his milk to a nice father-to-be that just thought John was adorable. When it was our turn to go, I tried to let him walk/run as much as possible, thinking that when we got into the room I'd put him in the stroller for the exam. This worked well until John started balling when the exam started. Thankfully, things were quick and as soon as I sat up, John calmed. I'm not sure if he thought the doc was hurting me or if maybe he thought it wasn't right because it was a strange man (strange to John anyway - the doc and I go way back - just look at the latest volume of my file - it's almost 1.5 inches thick). Anyway, things got better and we left after he charmed a few more nurses on the way out.
Next we had to make another stop. John actually did really well and only showed his boredom by untying his shoes (as seen above). Then he tried to get them in his mouth, or at least the shoelace. I keep telling him shoes are not for chewing, but it doesn't seem to sink in.
John is starting to say a few more words, some better than others. Dadee is heard very often. He associates it with John N, but also I think he uses it for outdoors. Yesterday, he said Uh-Oh when he dropped his milk on the floor and will repeat it if you say it. Today, I could have sworn he said Bye when I told him we were going bye-bye. He will say mama on rare occasion. I'm not concerned about this because I know that I will hear it way too often soon enough. The teachers said he was trying really hard on ball today. He's got the B down, but hasn't quite gotten ball and blue and balloon, yet. He babbles a lot, so I'm sure we'll be seeing at least a few more words come along soon.
John N worked on the dryer vent again tonight. He cleaned a lot more out, like almost as much as I did. He had motivation to do so. He needed to wash some jeans, which he did. And get this - the jeans dried in an unbelievably short amount of time. And we did decide we better call a professional to verify that the dryer is working properly. Something has to be wrong for that much lint to make it past the filter. We'll see...
-EBP-



Grant never liked seeing me laying down in the doc's office either....I think it made him nervous, thinking something was wrong with me. He does look good in orange! Also....I found a couple of toys that he might like before Drew will grow into them....I will bring them on Thursday....
I LOVE the new background!!! Jennifer