Bouncers and Easter eggs!
The church where John goes to MDO had a little Easter Egg Hunt this morning. JHP and I went while Daddy took care of some other business. After the fact, I realized I could have used a hand tending to the boy. So I was there with my dslr camera and my son and his little puppy bucket (remember the picture with it on his head from last Thanksgiving's trip to Indy?). It was the closest thing we had to an Easter basket or any other kind of basket that has that kind of handle. It was effort trying to keep hold of him who is fond of wandering off every time you put him down now. Of course the first place he finds is the really wet grass (it was really humid overnight). I figured he 'd get wet anyway, but I didn't figure it would be the first thing he did. As distraction, I took him over to the bouncer with the least amount of kids in it and let him climb in. He wasn't afraid but found the standing a bit hard to do and the walking even harder. I managed to snap some decent pics, although there isn't much action in them. He climbed out on his own. I guess he was done and there was no finger pointing to indicate he needed to go back in there. As we waited to get the egg hunt started, we visited with some friends and then John got a little restless. I had not brought the stroller, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to keep up with him. But, I was wrong in that assumption. I was too busy keeping up with him and trying not to loose the lens cap for my camera or hurt the camera by slamming it into the ground to really even enjoy the experience that much. And I kept having to pick John up either to keep him happy or to keep him close by.
We waited for the egg hunt and John was ready to get started! He didn't hold his basket, but did pick up a plastic egg. He held it. Looked at it. Threw it down and went to pick up another that caught his eye. Looked at it. Held it up to his mouth. Threw it down and went to pick up another. And on it went. I tried to gather the eggs he'd dropped so that he'd have some for later to play with. And I tried to snap pics. I'd love to show you them, but they were all white! Somewhere along the way, the aperture was opened WAY up letting in WAY too much light. So I don't have any pictures. BUT, my BFF Barbara saved the day and did get some shots of John. When I get those from her I'll share them. I told John when I got home that I NEEDED a new point & shoot for occasions such as these. He didn't tell me no...
I brought John home soon after he "hunted" eggs and put him down for a nap. He was definitely ready and slept for about an hour before we woke him for our Saturday lunch out.
-EBP-
We waited for the egg hunt and John was ready to get started! He didn't hold his basket, but did pick up a plastic egg. He held it. Looked at it. Threw it down and went to pick up another that caught his eye. Looked at it. Held it up to his mouth. Threw it down and went to pick up another. And on it went. I tried to gather the eggs he'd dropped so that he'd have some for later to play with. And I tried to snap pics. I'd love to show you them, but they were all white! Somewhere along the way, the aperture was opened WAY up letting in WAY too much light. So I don't have any pictures. BUT, my BFF Barbara saved the day and did get some shots of John. When I get those from her I'll share them. I told John when I got home that I NEEDED a new point & shoot for occasions such as these. He didn't tell me no...
I brought John home soon after he "hunted" eggs and put him down for a nap. He was definitely ready and slept for about an hour before we woke him for our Saturday lunch out.
-EBP-


