Da-ee

One of the things John likes to do is sit in "big people" chairs. One of his favorites is the office chair. It's got a cool mesh back and it spins around. Oh, and don't forget about the lever underneath it to play with. Only problem is that he likes to stand up after sitting for a while and that is downright dangerous in this chair as it moves REAL easy. So, we have to keep a real close watch and often end the fun early because all he wants to do is stand up. It wasn't easy to capture this pic today for just that reason...

After his nap today (we went to my Bible study so it was his only nap of the day), I decided I better change his sheet. At first he didn't want to get out of his bed. He just kept running from me. So, I proceeded to remove the bumpers, his pacifier, and all his friends from the crib and get ready to change it. After much playing around, he finally allowed me to get him out. I pulled the mattress out like I always do and John ran up and kinda hugged it. He might even been trying to move it from the looks of this picture. After a while he lost interest and moved on to the CD player. He loves to open and close the cover, with me saying, "No, that is not a toy. Close it up!" Occasionally, when I'm not looking he will take the CD out, but not today. I was too close. I got the sheet changed, the mattress reinstalled, and all his friends back in the crib. By that time, John had moved on to something else in the hallway. His attention s[pan is mighty short these days...

John ate lunch first today. On Wednesdays, he's always starving by the time we make it home and I get his lunch ready. So, he goes first. If I'm lucky, I can get mine made too and we eat together. Today, I got some of mine eaten before he was done. I was just finishing up lunch today when I heard this cry from the living room. I went to investigate and he was upset, but it wasn't immediately obvious what the root cause was. Likely things were just exacerbated by the need for a nap (we all get that way sometimes, huh?). So, I just consoled him. After it was better, he started pointing and saying da-ee (he misses the middle D in his Daddy). He seems to practice da-ee a lot. And I really thought he was pointing at the fan. So I explained it was a fan and that Daddy was at work and would be home later. I figure he'll get the association right eventually if I take his words and actions at face value with little to no interpolation. But he kept pointing and saying da-ee. Eventually he walked over, past the fan to the corner dust collector. And he pointed at the portrait of John and myself that was sitting the self at his eye level. He repeated da-ee and put the palm of his hand on John's face very gently. It was so cool!

He's repeating more signs these days. And points at everything! He uses milk, sleep, and eat (or water - he doesn't distinguish these) regularly. He'll use the sign for change (as in diaper) and today he repeated more. John thought he saw him repeat bath recently too. I guess I need to step it up and learn some more signs myself...

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

beverly –   – (April 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM)  

Tom and I were amazed at how much John H looks like John N did at that age...I'm referring to the picture of him in the desk chair.
Bev

beverly –   – (April 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM)  

That is cool about John H patting Daddy in the picture! He is certainly blossoming in so many ways...we get homesick for you all.
Bev

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP