Smell the flowers


We didn't really do much today. Just hung out around the house and ran to get Barbara a birthday present and deliver it. Today she turned 38. We were horsing around this morning and I snapped some pics (when don't I). John won't interact with me and the camera some days, especially if he's riled up, unless I give him my lens cap. He was playing around on the couch when I caught this moment. I love the happiness on his face.


While John was napping, I did some stuff around the house including rearranging the plasticware. Now I imagine that some of you are asking why I bothered. Well, I couldn't find anything. Really. Many weeks ago, John had totally emptied it out. In a hurry, we just basically THREW it all back in there. It was a total mess! After lunch, John must have heard it calling his name. He dumped some out, but it was reparable. I really like that I captured this look of "uh-oh, she caught me".

It got up to 91 or 92 degrees here today. I think it was record. So, I figured we'd wait until after dinner to go to the park, which we did. We let John walk in the sand at the park, but when we got home I forgot to empty his shoes. So, I took him out back and started to do that. Then I decided I wanted more pics of the amaryllis, this time with JHP. But try as we might, John was intimidated and really wasn't interested in getting too close. After much trying, we let him be. And then he decided he was going to sit on the step going into the house. It's just his size! Then suddenly he got excited and started flapping his arms and bouncing up and down on the step. I think it was all for show because I was snapping pics and John was egging him on. But I liked that I caught the emotion he was showing.


Finally, he did touch the flower. There are lots more pics on the WebAlbums, both from this morning and this evening.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP