Grey Skies

John has recently become aware of his clothing. This morning I caught him examining the front end loader on his shirt. He studied it for quite a few minutes before moving on.

It was quite dreary here today. Eventually the skies opened up and it rained at least 2 inches. And there is supposed to be more rain tomorrow. Good thing, John got the fertilizer down last weekend. Before the rain, JHP and I made it out to do a little shopping. We went to Lowe's and bought a shop vac. We've been having issues with a musty smell in our dryer and we suspect we've got water in the vent line to outside. Our vent line runs under the slab and is about 11 feet long. Thus, the shop vac. Anyway, the trip to Lowe's was mostly uneventful. I did have a little panic when I thought I'd misplaced my keys. Thankfully, they were just buried in the diaper bag.

It had already started to rain when John woke from his nap. And of course, the house was dark. Since John had not really seen rain in a while (recent rains were at night most of the time), I took him out the front door to see the sheets of rain pouring down. He did tense up a bit when it thundered. I assured him that it just came with the rain and all was OK. After we came back inside, John kept going back to the window to look out at the rain.

As John and I were preparing to eat supper, John H. took the flour sack dishcloth we had hanging in the kitchen down from it's hook and starting running around the kitchen, making the loop. He'd wave the towel up and over his head and then back down again. Sometimes, it would trail behind and other times, he'd nearly trip over it. And he kept laughing. And running. And laughing some more. I'm not sure if he thought we were going to chase him or were chasing him. It was quite obvious he was having great fun!

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP