Then and Now

Here's a THEN and NOW. The left-hand picture is from the first day of school last fall. And the other picture is from this morning. Just a little difference, huh? A similar haircut. Definitely more boy than baby. You can tell he's grown in height some. What hasn't changed? He's still wearing that striped shirt and the backpack is still too heavy for him to carry for more than a few minutes.

I saw a photo taken from this perspective, loved it, and figured I'd give it a try. This was the first one and the best.

Today was "pretty good", as JHP would say. He was in a good mood and didn't get into too much trouble at school. Daddy came home early so that I could go to the doctor (more on that later). And we ate early enough to enjoy some time outside after dinner.

I had a busy day full of appointments. I've been seeing a podiatrist to get some plantar warts removed. I've had them since I was pregnant with John and over the counter stuff didn't really work to completely remove them. The treatment up until now was mostly a very minor annoyance. Today's, however, is a different story altogether. It wasn't too bad right after he treated it, but a few hours later I was in some major pain. I ran several errands and even came home before getting John to see if I could find some shoes that felt better. I feel like I'm walking on needles. I only hope that after two days and I remove the bandage that the pain lessens A LOT.

I also got about two inches cut off my hair today. As the weather changes, I was feeling like I needed to lighten the load a bit. And it's definitely lighter. I hope that I can still get most of it up in a clip when I feel the need.

After the foot pain got worse, I was most happy that John was coming home early so that I didn't have to bring JHP along to my appointment with the oral surgeon. After seeing the dentist last week, he recommended that my wisdom teeth come out. I'm not at all excited about this! But I have one of the impacted lower wisdom teeth that seems to be decaying and it must go. As a bonus I might as well have them all removed since I'll be knocked out anyway. I've known for a long time that they were there and that my mouth is overcrowded, but it hasn't caused me much problem. I suspect that I probably just chalked what ever pain I have to my TMJ issue. So come early June, I'll be saying goodbye to all four wisdom teeth. Oh, and a large chunk of cash! (Dental insurance is kind of a joke, you know!)

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP