Only images in my mind
No photos of John today. I used all my "film" on my friend Laura's surprise baby shower tonight. That was lots of fun!
Really, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary today. And I didn't take any pictures of today's ordinary. I suppose I could have taken a picture of what John looked like when I yelled at him after he KICKED me. He burst into tears and after we talked about it, I hoped that it wouldn't happen at school. Unfortunately, it did. And we talked again about it when I picked him up. That picture would have been of this little innocent face that sincerely looked like he doesn't get that other people HURT when he hits them or kicks them. I don't know how we get that message through to him.
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was what I heard over the monitor when I woke to his voice. "Mommy, I want a brownie!" I wasn't even aware he knew the term and we haven't had any in the house for quite some time. But he wanted one. He repeated that over and over, even after I gathered him from his bed.
-EBP-

