Goodbye and Hello
The peonies were trying to bloom while we were in Indiana. But the rain kept beating them up. A few were still closed up enough to resist the punches. They made for some pretty pictures this morning, complete with beads of moisture. We won't be seeing this house (or it's peonies) again since Tom's retiring and they'll be moving.
After breakfast and before we left of the airport for our never-ending trip home, I snuck out to take some photos. And when I returned I had someone waiting on me.
We took one last photo before we left for the airport and it's definitely a keeper!
The trip home was long and uneventful. John continued to make lots of friends on this journey through the airports. John just doesn't understand why we have to turn off our electronic devices (i.e., the DVD player and his Little Einsteins) during parts of the flight. And I guess I don't either. So I just explained that it was the airplane's rules and not mine. Didn't make the disappointment any easier. He did catch a short nap on the way home from the airport, but his mood was still somewhat volatile. We managed to make it out for some rice and beans and that improved the mood a lot. But, nonetheless, we made sure the bedtime was prompt tonight and he was in bed by 800p.
The connecting flights didn't turn out as painful as I thought they might be. We are so used to flying direct. I think we'll definitely try to stick with direct unless the fares can't be beat, which was the case for this flight. We'd waited too late to purchase tickets and to fly direct was going to cost another $150 per person. Ouch! But if we have to connect, I won't be so concerned next time.
-EBP-
After breakfast and before we left of the airport for our never-ending trip home, I snuck out to take some photos. And when I returned I had someone waiting on me.
We took one last photo before we left for the airport and it's definitely a keeper!
The trip home was long and uneventful. John continued to make lots of friends on this journey through the airports. John just doesn't understand why we have to turn off our electronic devices (i.e., the DVD player and his Little Einsteins) during parts of the flight. And I guess I don't either. So I just explained that it was the airplane's rules and not mine. Didn't make the disappointment any easier. He did catch a short nap on the way home from the airport, but his mood was still somewhat volatile. We managed to make it out for some rice and beans and that improved the mood a lot. But, nonetheless, we made sure the bedtime was prompt tonight and he was in bed by 800p.
The connecting flights didn't turn out as painful as I thought they might be. We are so used to flying direct. I think we'll definitely try to stick with direct unless the fares can't be beat, which was the case for this flight. We'd waited too late to purchase tickets and to fly direct was going to cost another $150 per person. Ouch! But if we have to connect, I won't be so concerned next time.
-EBP-


