Lucky Day

DSC08503

Today was a lucky weekday.  Daddy was home when we got up.  He ate breakfast with us and then went to work, anticipating having to work late tonight.  We didn’t really have anything planned, so we lounged extra long in our PJ’s.  Then we went out to lunch to get a new Fire Chief hat for John at the local Firehouse Subs.  That was the best, messiest sandwich I’ve had in a long while.  YUM!  Then we went to Best Buy in search of a new JHP-sized mouse.  I’ve been trying to work with him on computer skills, but the mouse we have are just too big for his little hands.  We ended up with the smallest mouse they had and it fits just right.

DSC08519

And while John was napping, Daddy called to let me know he was coming home one time (YEAH!), but that he has to go back tomorrow (BOO!).  But I’ll take what I can get.  John was excited to see Daddy and they ended up playing a lot before dinner.

DSC08535

Among the games they played was the infamous Take-Away with the newest addition to our ball collection, a John-sized football that we picked up at Target earlier in the week.  He loves to get physical and laugh when he plays.

DSC08555 

After dinner we headed out to get the mail.  It looked like it might rain, but we stopped to smell the yellow mums that are desperately trying to bloom before it heats up even more that it already has.

DSC08569

Then since it had been a few days since we’ve had rain, we headed into the backyard to water some of the plants on the patio and to provide some food for the birds.

DSC08573

And while we were out there, the thunder clapped.  “What was that?”  Can you tell we had a very mild spring thunderstorm season?  John is unfamiliar with thunder.  But not after tonight.  After the second clap of thunder, I figured it was time to go inside.  Shortly after a few more claps, the brief heavy rain came.  I’m thankful that we were in that 10% chance that got rain today.

-EBP-

Alissa  – (May 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM)  

Yes, that little bit of rain was nice! I like your watermark on your pictures....I don't think I've noticed it before.

We had a similar afternoon....Dean came home around his normal time today (which I wasn't expecting), but he has to be there bright and early at 5am tomorrow morning.

That first outside picture of John is my favorite....he looks like such a big boy!

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP