Stuck
On our first day of "summer break" we went to a local park and met some folks. It was in the low 80's and humid at 930a this morning. We were the first ones there. And it was almost bearable in the shade as there was a nice wind from time to time. We brought our sand toys to play with. John decided that his new front-end loader that Nana gave him last weekend would work great in the sand. And it did! When others arrived, soon the sand toys gave way to other things, like the merry-go-round. All the kids had great fun on that. At 1100a approached, it became too hot to play in the sun. So, we left and made our weekly trip to the grocery store before heading home. A/C never felt so good!
I was awoken this morning as I usually am, to the sounds of John talking or singing. So I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take care of some business before heading to John's room to gather him from the bed. Then, all of a sudden I start hearing this really loud panicked yell from John. As I rush in, I hear. "I'm stuck!" John somehow managed to get his knee stuck between the slats of the bed and couldn't get it out of him own. As I tried to remove him quickly, I didn't really think much about the logical way to do it. I just yanked him free. I'm not sure if that's why John has matching bruises on his right knee of it he'd have had them anyway from his pulling on his leg. He's getting better about remembering things. Tonight at dinner I told him to tell Daddy what happened this morning and he did, with no prompting.
-EBP-


