Bike Ride
After dinner, Daddy snapped this great picture of John all ready to go for a ride on the bicycle. I had gone inside to find JHP's shades because it was "too sunny!"
Here we are ready to go on our ride. I need to plan my wardrobe better next time we are going to take pictures.
Action shot!
We took a quick break because John needed some water and then we went back out. He doesn't say much on these rides. I think he's too busy looking around.
Being outside is usually a good time for us. John loves it. That is until it's time to come inside. That was the case tonight, although, somehow we managed to avoid the total drama that sometimes ensues. The drama came tonight after Daddy came home and before dinner, followed by a light sprinkling of bad behavior during dinner. As has been the case forever, it seems, something changed the minute Daddy came in the door. John fell into his little drama king imitation complete with whining and some tears. I'm still not sure what the whole thing was about. It seemed like he might have had a fever (no - we checked) or just got himself worked up enough that he was coughing a lot in a short span of time. We managed to distract him until dinner and then he refused to join us at the table when asked. He did join us as soon as we were seated. Then he played with his fork, spit, and sung too loudly, earning him (and his fork) some time outs. Finally long after Daddy and I were finished eating, John ate the rest of his dinner and asked to be excused. It was most frustrating. We love John, but some days, well, let's just say we still joke around about trash day being tomorrow (or in X days). This is an OLD joke stemming back from the real early days with JHP. Of course, we'd never do it. It just lightens the load a bit. Newer versions of the same concept include reference to moving to Nebraska (heard of their abandonment policy?) and tonight's addition: "Is the return period up on John yet?" Reply: "I'll check with Dr. K" I guess this is part of life with a smart, too-cute-for-his-britches two year old. Anyone want him for the weekend? I think we need a break!
-EBP-
Here we are ready to go on our ride. I need to plan my wardrobe better next time we are going to take pictures.
Action shot!
We took a quick break because John needed some water and then we went back out. He doesn't say much on these rides. I think he's too busy looking around.
Being outside is usually a good time for us. John loves it. That is until it's time to come inside. That was the case tonight, although, somehow we managed to avoid the total drama that sometimes ensues. The drama came tonight after Daddy came home and before dinner, followed by a light sprinkling of bad behavior during dinner. As has been the case forever, it seems, something changed the minute Daddy came in the door. John fell into his little drama king imitation complete with whining and some tears. I'm still not sure what the whole thing was about. It seemed like he might have had a fever (no - we checked) or just got himself worked up enough that he was coughing a lot in a short span of time. We managed to distract him until dinner and then he refused to join us at the table when asked. He did join us as soon as we were seated. Then he played with his fork, spit, and sung too loudly, earning him (and his fork) some time outs. Finally long after Daddy and I were finished eating, John ate the rest of his dinner and asked to be excused. It was most frustrating. We love John, but some days, well, let's just say we still joke around about trash day being tomorrow (or in X days). This is an OLD joke stemming back from the real early days with JHP. Of course, we'd never do it. It just lightens the load a bit. Newer versions of the same concept include reference to moving to Nebraska (heard of their abandonment policy?) and tonight's addition: "Is the return period up on John yet?" Reply: "I'll check with Dr. K" I guess this is part of life with a smart, too-cute-for-his-britches two year old. Anyone want him for the weekend? I think we need a break!
-EBP-


