Another bump in my road
Overall, today was not the best day. And it had NOTHING to do with the sweet face you see above. He was pretty good today.
The morning was fine and we made it to school on time. But my feet still hurt. I did get to take the bandages off, but the left foot is still a little swollen and has a local fever. The right foot is just a minor nuisance in comparison. I called the doctor and they are going to check back with me tomorrow. I tried my best to keep off my feet, staying home while John was in school.
It was when I went to get in the car that the day went downhill rather quickly. It wouldn't start. Click-click-click! Nothing. I quickly called the school and let them know I'd be late. Oh - what to do! I noticed that our neighbor Mandi was home. So I knocked on the door and explained my situation. Gotta love her! She let me borrow her car without a thought to go get John. As a result I wasn't all that late to get John. My next hurdle was explaining to him that we needed to go straight home instead of playing at the playground. It turned out to be a non-event. He understood we weren't in our car and accepted that we needed to go straight home. We think it's either the battery or the alternator. It's been about 18 months since we replaced the battery. I'm still hoping that's it. Much cheaper than an alternator. Thankfully, my brother said he'd take a look at it tomorrow and might even fix it himself. What a guy!
And did I mention that my feet still hurt! I'm such a baby! I hope this resolves a little before we go tromping through the airport this weekend on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's house, which, by the way, John is real excited about the trip. He even suggested we take a rocket ship instead of an airplane (Thanks, Little Einsteins!). We'll see. Might be stuck with an airplane. Hope he's not too disappointed.
-EBP-


