Short on sleep

Last night John continued to fight with the cough and the time change. He was up until at least 1000p when he finally gave in to sleep that the coughing didn't wake. That is until 100a or so. He slept until 800a which I won't complain about.

Our first morning of spring break with little to no direction went OK. We lounged around until I got my act together enough to go to the grocery store. I took longer than John wished at the store, but we managed. Then it was lunch and a nap at regular time. It was just unfortunate that the coughing woke John less than 45 minutes into the nap and that spells for trouble later in the day. So after a good try at leaving him to fall back asleep, I punted and went on about finding a plan B for the afternoon. Plan B: a snack and an errand. I made a poor judgement when it came to the errand. I somehow thought that I could peruse the shelves of the vitamin store with John standing by my side. Let's just suffice to say that I won't do that again and I was lucky we didn't have to buy several shelves worth of broken vitamin bottles. At least he was in a good mood, if a little hyper.


The rest of Plan B involved some videos that Barbara had lent us. John was still watching them when Daddy got home. I guess it's a right of passage for the boys to watch TV together. I usually find something else I can be doing while JHP is "distracted".

John's attempting to wash his own hair these days. I say attempting because the extent of his washing is to rub his hands through his hair and then look at the bubbles on his hands, releasing them into the bathwater.

He looking a bit beat up these days. This evening he walked into a chair and his favored left cheekbone. It's now showing some bruising. And later he managed to hit his mouth on the tile floor, causing lots of tears and some blood. And I noticed a new scratch on his arm. I guess he's just all boy!

Not only was John short on sleep today, he didn't eat much for dinner. This is normally a bad combination. And tonight it definitely showed. He'd be fine and then break into a bunch of tears. The not eating thing is a function of his BM's. It fairly predictable that he won't eat much at a meal and then go have a BM. Sometimes he'll come asking for more food and other times, like tonight, he won't. I hope that with potty training, he'll learn to recognize and control his need so that meals don't suffer so much. Needless to say, we worked the bath in a little early and he was in bed before 800p.


Wicket doesn't get much press these days. She's still around and is still a scared-y cat. She tolerates John for very short periods and is often seen skittering away after he's moved in too fast. She still has lots to say once he goes to bed, spending almost all the evening in our presence. I like Wicket, but I was missing my Blue this weekend. While Wicket seemingly took on some of her habits, she's still not the same cat. Wicket is demanding of attention, loudly. Blue was demanding but in a much more subtle way.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP