Anatomy of a Time-Out
His deed: Throwing a ball in the house when he was already told not to throw it
His punishment: Two minutes in Time-Out
Daddy sat on the couch and I sat in the blue chair in the den. Daddy would peak around me to see John who was looking at us. When caught, he would quickly look away. The instructions were to sit in the chair looking at the door with his hands in his lap. Two out of three isn't bad!
I guess John was thinking, “If I don’t look at Daddy, then I’m not responsible for what he says, right?”
Looking pretty serious…
Actually I think he was trying to figure out what he could do to “break” Daddy. The cute little squeezed-shoulder, scrunched up smiling face did the trick.
And stinker John knew it!
But Daddy wasn’t done with the discussion and so it continued, quite seriously. And when asked, “Are you going to throw the ball in the house anymore?” John answered, “Yep!” He must do this just to see our frustration!
And of the record, JHP didn’t nap again today. He laid there quietly on his mat while everyone else napped. Maybe he can sleep with his eyes open because he was in a pretty good mood the rest of the day.
-EBP-


Little stinker! I love where you can see big John trying to suppress his smile! I try taking pictures like this sometimes but Dean gets mad at me, thinking I'm undermining the discipline!