Growth

A week ago yesterday, the teachers sent home John's bean plant, which at that time had not sprouted at all. I watered it, covered it with some plastic wrap, and set it in the kitchen window. On Friday or Saturday, John's sprout broke through the top of the soil. This morning we had a surprise. A second bean had sprouted. John's quite proud and excited to see how it's growing.

Daddy can't seem to go outside and resist the urge to pull weeds. John acted like he might help Daddy, but he seems confused, doesn't he? He did help Daddy move the pulled weeds into a bucket for transport back to the garage.

Once back there, John wanted to play on this tricycle. He still refuses to actively push the pedals. But he had a great time being pushed up the driveway and letting himself roll back down the driveway. After he was done with that, he spent some more energy running back and forth between Daddy at the bottom of the drive and me at the top.

Overall, the middle of the day was pretty whiny. He was fine until we got into the jumping center. I finally convince him it would be OK and he was until he hurt his knee and cried. From that point forward, he whined/cried about the tiniest thing. His self-esteem seemed to be on the low end today. I can't even count how many times I heard him say, "I can't do it myself." He refused to do the slides by himself, although he was able to climb the "stairs" without my help. This resulted in me having to climb them too and slide down with him. Once we were once, he continued to whine because I wouldn't give him what he wanted for lunch. Thankfully, he recognized that he needed a nap and did sleep well. But when he woke, he was not happy and cried for quite a while. A long drawn out dinner and some exercise seemed to put an end to it. And the rest of the evening was enjoyable.

His nose and cough are about the same as yesterday. I did think he might be running a slight fever when he got up from his nap, but maybe he just had too many covers when he napped. The bad news is that my throat has gotten scratchier as the day has progressed. I hope a good night's sleep wards off any sickness.

I forgot to mention that over the weekend we weighed John. Currently, he's around 28 and a half pounds.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP