We love the park!
Even on a hot day! At 1000a, it was 90 degrees already and very humid. We traveled to this park on the other side of Houston so that I could meet up with some other moms I met on-line through a photography website. While John wasn't thrilled with the 40 minutes ride over there, he was most excited to be at a park and outside. He loves outside! He got to "play" with other kids. I say "play" because he's only just getting to the age where he interacts when playing. Mostly, he just watches other kids. A LOT. Anyway, we met up with these folks at this little park which had some nice trees and some nice playground equipment. And he sweated. Imagine that?
I love the thoughtful look I caught here. He was taking a much needed break for some water. Then it was off to play some more.
I gave him my straw cup of water when we were getting ready to load up the car to leave. It allows him to get more water much faster than his does. And he needed it! Check out that sweaty head and red cheeks! After we got back in the car, I managed to find a gas station and something for lunch. John was so hot that he really needed to be in some A/C and not strapped into a car seat in order to cool down. After a nice lunch and a diaper change, we headed home. He was not especially happy about the ride and really didn't want any of the toys or books. Eventually, I turned on some kids songs and he settled down - into a nap! No, don't sleep now! There wasn't anything I could do from the driver's seat. Thankfully, he transitioned into his bed easily and went back to sleep for his normal nap duration.
After dinner, he was not happy because we had taken him from his seat when he purposefully (with an evil gleam in his eye!) threw some of his fruit in his lap after we'd told him to leave it there on the tray. And the crying / whining began. So I figured we'd go back outside. We were already stinky from the morning. Nothing to lose. So, he and I wandered down our neighborhood park. It was quite busy as they were having a Night Out celebration. John had a great time mostly watching all the other kids, although he did take a long turn on the swing.
-EBP-
I love the thoughtful look I caught here. He was taking a much needed break for some water. Then it was off to play some more.
I gave him my straw cup of water when we were getting ready to load up the car to leave. It allows him to get more water much faster than his does. And he needed it! Check out that sweaty head and red cheeks! After we got back in the car, I managed to find a gas station and something for lunch. John was so hot that he really needed to be in some A/C and not strapped into a car seat in order to cool down. After a nice lunch and a diaper change, we headed home. He was not especially happy about the ride and really didn't want any of the toys or books. Eventually, I turned on some kids songs and he settled down - into a nap! No, don't sleep now! There wasn't anything I could do from the driver's seat. Thankfully, he transitioned into his bed easily and went back to sleep for his normal nap duration.
After dinner, he was not happy because we had taken him from his seat when he purposefully (with an evil gleam in his eye!) threw some of his fruit in his lap after we'd told him to leave it there on the tray. And the crying / whining began. So I figured we'd go back outside. We were already stinky from the morning. Nothing to lose. So, he and I wandered down our neighborhood park. It was quite busy as they were having a Night Out celebration. John had a great time mostly watching all the other kids, although he did take a long turn on the swing.
-EBP-



