Not your normal Monday
Instead of doing our normal Monday grocery shopping, we went to play at J's & B's house today. We had a lot of fun. B was super excited to have someone besides Mom to play with and so was John. The visit was pretty good if you discount the hiccups / spit-up and the rolling down the stairs that occurred. (No worries! John was fine although I think he might have a bruise on one cheek.) They were all reading a book when I got up to get the camera. John started to follow and I encouraged him to go back to listen to the book. He decided he needed a new place to sit, much to J's surprise. Forgot to warn her that John likes to sit (and bounce!) on your back (or belly) if you are lying down. Oops!
We had to go shortly after because John lost all patience. Like everything. All gone. If a ball rolled out of his hand, he whined and fussed about it. I guessed he was really tired and we headed home. Unfortunately, little hints of the same behaviour were very obvious after his nap. Even when the littlest thing didn't go his way, WAH! In one case, I asked him if he wanted some water and he ran the other way in a big huff! I sure hope he leaves that attitude in the crib tonight. If not, tomorrow will be a long one!
After Dad got home, John tried to follow him into the back of the house. When he couldn't get through, he decided to roll the balls he had with him under the gate, only to discover that he couldn't get them. He tried to follow head first, but that didn't work. So he turned around.
And tried to go feet first. He didn't get too far. Only stuck. Momma had to fish him out.
An update on my mushrooms from yesterday: they blossom overnight and this is what they looked like this morning at 730a. By early afternoon, they were wilting and by evening, they were plum whupped. Such is the life of some mushrooms!
-EBP-
We had to go shortly after because John lost all patience. Like everything. All gone. If a ball rolled out of his hand, he whined and fussed about it. I guessed he was really tired and we headed home. Unfortunately, little hints of the same behaviour were very obvious after his nap. Even when the littlest thing didn't go his way, WAH! In one case, I asked him if he wanted some water and he ran the other way in a big huff! I sure hope he leaves that attitude in the crib tonight. If not, tomorrow will be a long one!
After Dad got home, John tried to follow him into the back of the house. When he couldn't get through, he decided to roll the balls he had with him under the gate, only to discover that he couldn't get them. He tried to follow head first, but that didn't work. So he turned around.
And tried to go feet first. He didn't get too far. Only stuck. Momma had to fish him out.
An update on my mushrooms from yesterday: they blossom overnight and this is what they looked like this morning at 730a. By early afternoon, they were wilting and by evening, they were plum whupped. Such is the life of some mushrooms!
-EBP-


