23's and AB's

After lunch, Daddy went back outside to finish one little bit of yard work. John couldn't resist watching him once he heard the trimmer going. Funny thing was that John didn't move the blinds out of the way. He just peeked through them to see what was going on.

Earlier, John and I had made a trip to Babies R Us to stock up on some new sippy cups. I've decided it's time to get rid of some of the ones with the soft nipples and graduate him to ones that are more appropriate for his age. The new year of MDO starts soon and I've been trying to gather some of the things he'll need, like more cups. Today I also bought him a new insulated lunch sack from Land's End online. It was on sale and had free shipping, too, and I couldn't resist buying a few other things while I was there (a new windbreaker for JHP and a new sheet set for our bed). Then I ordered some vinyl labels for his stuff. Up until now I've been just using a sharpie, but I figured that I needed to get things better labeled for the coming year.

I'm going to wait on buying anymore clothes until the weather is closer to changing. I keep thinking he's gonna put a spurt on any day now, but so far it's been kinda gradual, I think. I've got plenty of things to get him through now and I think I might be OK on pants for a while too, not that pants are anywhere near being called for here. The weather remains really hot (95+) everyday. I think this might be the hottest summer I've spent in my adult life.

John is still skipping the number one - won't even repeat it - when counting. And he's taken to asking for the AB's on the computer. Yes - AB's, no C yet. On the Fisher Price website, they have some games, a couple of which are about the ABC's. At the end of the game, they'll sing the ABC's. John likes to dance to it. He'll rock back and forth, over and over. John will repeat the letters of the alphabet if you say them and he gets them right, most of the time. But he'll only repeat through about G or so. He repeats most anything you say and usually pretty close to perfect. So far, he hasn't repeated a bad word. I'm not sure if that's because we aren't saying as many or if he's kinda scared when we use them in.

I took some bath pictures again tonight. JHP was in a good mood and so there was lots of interaction to catch. Daddy does a good job of quizzing John about body parts, counting toes, or just plain having fun in the washing process. John usually cooperates with you as you are trying to wash. Today he was very compliant and just laid there studying his Ernie bath toy. Then he started pointing out Ernie's toes, nose, and ears. It really surprised me that he made the connection that Ernie had the same body parts we do. So smart!

I LOVE this picture! The joy on his face! We've gotten back into showers again lately. There was a couple of weeks where he would firmly tell you "no" when you asked him if he wanted to rinse off in the shower. But lately, he's been ready for it. And you don't have to coax him too hard to stand in there to rinse his hair out.

Today was the first day that I really feel like the "NO" monster has taken up residence in his little brain. He's said no before, but today, if he didn't want to do what you wanted him to do, "Noooo!" was the response. If he didn't get his way, "Nooooo!" and he'd usually throw whatever he had in his hand. "Nooo!" Ugh! Hopefully the monster will lay sleeping tomorrow!

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP