New toy
Turns out that John N. enjoys one of the new toys that came to live at our house yesterday as much as John H. does. You can see it in the background here. You drop balls in the top and they follows the tracks down to the bottom. JHP likes the balls best and spent much of today carrying them around. Then he set them down somewhere and we couldn't find them. We looked high and low, all over the house and were almost ready to give up when Daddy discovered them under the desk in the office.
JHP and I had gone to the mall earlier today to look at shoes for him. While we were there we wandered around and found the Build-A-Bear Workshop. John excitedly pointed the bears and I was prepared to buy him the softest, cheapest they had. But as we stood in line, the stuffing machine kicked on and John did not like it. He's not a big fan of loud noises as it is, but I think he was scared, too. His behavior reminded me of his reaction to the vacuum. I retreated and then reconsidered, only to see his reaction again. I decided then that I didn't need to spend the $10 bad enough to upset him so. We'll go back when he's ready and excited about the process, even if it's a few years down the road.
-EBP-


