Splash!

We had to run to school today and I figured that while we were there we would play at their little playground. What I hadn't figured on was that the rain from last night would make the equipment all wet. I had a towel and dried some things off the best I could, but that didn't keep John from getting into the water, which was not part of my plan. So we soon headed home. I figured since we were all sweaty, we'd go to the pool. We both enjoyed ourselves. John enjoys playing in the big pool as much as the kiddie pool. He did pretty well today kicking his legs, but would not let go of me enough to move both his legs and his arms. As we were nearing time to go, John was trying to attract the attention of a young girl about his age. He would smile and flirt. She was not impressed. So he decided to do what any red-blooded boy would do. He splashed her. I asked him to stop, but he would not be deterred. He did it again. She was still not impressed and didn't even react, really. I told Daddy tonight about the story and commented that he'll probably be using that tactic for the next 15 years or until he realizes it doesn't work!

A couple of weeks ago, I finally hung some pictures in the den. We've only been in the house going on 6 years. And it's not like I didn't already have them to hang. Just lazy. Today, JHP finally noticed what was on the pictures. We were reading some stories on the couch after lunch. He was doing his usual: get down, go get a book, get back up again. As he was getting back up, he stopped and pointed, saying "giraffe". "Yes, it a giraffe, and some zebras." I said. We went on to discuss the other subjects in the animal grouping. Then I had to get all teary and tell him about who took them. And how his grandfather would be so impressed with him. At least John didn't laugh at me like the last time I started crying. Toddlers aren't known for their empathy!

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP