Friday Night Routine
We did some more shoe shopping today and came home with a new pair of Saucony tennis shoes and a new pair of StrideRite leather sandals, which happened to be on sale. He's wearing size 6 extra-wide these days. The guy who measured him today was surprised that his foot spread so much when he stood up, almost a whole size difference. I guess his feet are pretty flat, just like Daddy's. John must really like his new tennis, because once he put them on he never really fiddled with them again. And after his nap when Dad was looking at his new shoes, John wanted to put them on again. They do fit well, are easy to get on and off (Velcro), and are light and breathable. I'm just hoping he's a plenty of good long wear out of them before he outgrows them, especially since they aren't wally-mart specials.
I thought this was a cool picture!
As is our normal Friday night custom, We saw SNBNA for dinner, this time at our house. John and A are starting to actually play together sometimes. I think John just enjoys the interaction. A enjoyed playing with some of the new toys we have, especially the train above. He's concentrating really hard so that Elmo stays on the train when it starts.
SNBNA also came for a bath tonight. Their hot water heater has developed a problem leaving them with no hot water. Even though it's been extremely hot here, making the cold water only mildly cool, a cold bath/shower is still a bit much to ask. So we gladly shared our amenities. And the boys got to take a bath together. I missed the recording the best part of their time together, although I did get to share in the wetness. I was sitting too close to the tub when they decided that they would have a splash-fest. They had too much fun before I had to make them stop. I was just about as wet as they were, it seemed. Maybe I'll get the long lens out next time and get some fun shots of splashing.
-EBP-
I thought this was a cool picture!
As is our normal Friday night custom, We saw SNBNA for dinner, this time at our house. John and A are starting to actually play together sometimes. I think John just enjoys the interaction. A enjoyed playing with some of the new toys we have, especially the train above. He's concentrating really hard so that Elmo stays on the train when it starts.
SNBNA also came for a bath tonight. Their hot water heater has developed a problem leaving them with no hot water. Even though it's been extremely hot here, making the cold water only mildly cool, a cold bath/shower is still a bit much to ask. So we gladly shared our amenities. And the boys got to take a bath together. I missed the recording the best part of their time together, although I did get to share in the wetness. I was sitting too close to the tub when they decided that they would have a splash-fest. They had too much fun before I had to make them stop. I was just about as wet as they were, it seemed. Maybe I'll get the long lens out next time and get some fun shots of splashing.
-EBP-


