Getting ready for a new school year
We were eating a snack this morning to pass the time before it was time to go to the school for John's Meet the Teacher. He was serious one minute and clowning around the next. I've found that if I peak out from behind the camera I get the best looks in return. He was in a good mood (more or less) today. Only problem was a loud whine when things didn't go his way. The last couple of days he's been SUPER impatient. About everything. Can't make the toy do what he wants on the first try. Whine. Can't get food fast enough. Whine. Can't get Momma to hold me. Whine. (Never mind that he asks with a whine, too!) Can't get my point across. Whine. So much fun! I've been trying to make him stop and try again with the toys. Or tell him to stop and wait for Momma to get food made. Or tell him to stop and use his words to ASK Momma to hold him. Most of the time, he gets follows my lead. But when I tell him to ask for what he wants, most of the time I get this teeny-tiny, high-pitched voice of unrecognizable sounds. I hope this gets better. It's really wearing on my nerves.
Check out the new stickers I've gotten for John's things. At school, EVERYTHING must be labeled. So I bought these cool vinyl stickers that have his name and a little vehicle on them. The neat thing is that they are supposed to go through the dishwasher unscathed. We'll see how that turns out. I also got John a new lunch sack with this initials on it.
Meet the Teacher went pretty well. He has three teachers, Ms. M, Ms. J, and Ms. S, whom he had for the last half of last year. His class is a four day a week class of older one year-olds and younger two year-olds. One teacher teaches all four days and the other two work 2 days each. He's the youngest in the class because he just turned 18 months old and he'll only be going 3 days per week (MTuTh). It's kind of a strange schedule, but I had my reasons. We already go to a Bible study that has childcare (that we pay for a portion of in our study fees) on Wednesdays. Bottom line is that it's cheaper than an extra day of MDO. And I do have the option to send him that day of I make prior arrangements since his spot is guaranteed (he's not sharing it with anyone). Everyone was real nice and I think he's going to have a great time in there. Monday's our first day and he'll only go until noon next week.
When we first got there, he was a little hesitant and I had to carry him into the room. They tried to engage him and he did succumb, only to realize I was still there and come running back to me crying. Oh, the drama! We did this a few times and then I left him to listen to the Director speak. Afterwards he was happy to see me and Ms. M said he spent most of his time drawing. I guess I need to be dragging out the crayons more often.
When we went to get in the car and leave, I opened the front door to start the car (and the A/C!). John climbed right in and got all excited as he got situated in the driver's seat. He pulled his little tush right up to the edge of the seat and dangled his legs so that he could easily reach the steering wheel. He's done this a couple of times before in the truck. He's always SO excited when we let him do this.
It's amazing to me how much he wants to be like us. He wants to sit in our chairs, drive our cars, play at our computer. Yet - he still doesn't want to eat all our food! Hopefully, this will turn around soon. It will make packing his lunch for school so much easier!
-EBP-
Check out the new stickers I've gotten for John's things. At school, EVERYTHING must be labeled. So I bought these cool vinyl stickers that have his name and a little vehicle on them. The neat thing is that they are supposed to go through the dishwasher unscathed. We'll see how that turns out. I also got John a new lunch sack with this initials on it.
Meet the Teacher went pretty well. He has three teachers, Ms. M, Ms. J, and Ms. S, whom he had for the last half of last year. His class is a four day a week class of older one year-olds and younger two year-olds. One teacher teaches all four days and the other two work 2 days each. He's the youngest in the class because he just turned 18 months old and he'll only be going 3 days per week (MTuTh). It's kind of a strange schedule, but I had my reasons. We already go to a Bible study that has childcare (that we pay for a portion of in our study fees) on Wednesdays. Bottom line is that it's cheaper than an extra day of MDO. And I do have the option to send him that day of I make prior arrangements since his spot is guaranteed (he's not sharing it with anyone). Everyone was real nice and I think he's going to have a great time in there. Monday's our first day and he'll only go until noon next week.
When we first got there, he was a little hesitant and I had to carry him into the room. They tried to engage him and he did succumb, only to realize I was still there and come running back to me crying. Oh, the drama! We did this a few times and then I left him to listen to the Director speak. Afterwards he was happy to see me and Ms. M said he spent most of his time drawing. I guess I need to be dragging out the crayons more often.
When we went to get in the car and leave, I opened the front door to start the car (and the A/C!). John climbed right in and got all excited as he got situated in the driver's seat. He pulled his little tush right up to the edge of the seat and dangled his legs so that he could easily reach the steering wheel. He's done this a couple of times before in the truck. He's always SO excited when we let him do this.
It's amazing to me how much he wants to be like us. He wants to sit in our chairs, drive our cars, play at our computer. Yet - he still doesn't want to eat all our food! Hopefully, this will turn around soon. It will make packing his lunch for school so much easier!
-EBP-


