See you next year!

We saw Dr. J, the cardiologist, today for John's 1 year check-up. We'd last seen him 6 months ago. I'd love to report that we won't see him again, but, alas, this will not be the case. Things don't seem to have changed much in 6 months. He still seems to think the hole in the upper chambers (Atrial) septum is "tiny" and the hole in the lower chambers (Ventricular) septum is just about closed. There was some discussion between the Echo tech and the doc about whether it was closed or not. He seemed to think that it was closed, but she saw some movement of blood in that direction. The upshot is that we have to go back in a year. But he has no restrictions of any kind. So we just keep praying that the Lord will continue to heal him and be thankful that we've come this far in his healing.

You know, when you have to be somewhere at a certain time, and you have kids, things happen. Well, that was this morning. Before I even feed John breakfast, he had a blow-out BM that required a wash down in the tub. Thankfully, he wasn't fully clothed in the clothing I planned on him wearing all day. The funny thing was that it didn't seem to bother him at all! I guess he felt better after taking care of business and didn't mind it running down his leg!

To make it to the doctor on time. We had to get up early today. So, John was not in the best of moods all day because I had to wake him. Very clingy and would cry very easily. And I'm talking, tears streaming down his face. So, after he woke up from his nap (only one because of the doctor's appt and my Bible study), I took him to the park. We put his ball cap on and I couldn't resist a few pics. And boy, were they cute ones!





-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Anonymous –   – (February 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM)  

John H has some of the most trusting expressions! I credit you both for that; he KNOWS he is safe no matter what position or where he is if you are near.
I can't help but draw a parallel to how we "adults" need to be like that in our relationship to God.
Much love,
Bev

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP