Peek-a-boo!
I told JHP that after we went to order his cake this afternoon (Someone has a birthday coming up very soon!), we'd go to a park. Since we were out of our immediate home vicinity and he wasn't happy about being put back in his carseat, I decided to go to a park that was down by the water very close to where we already were. I was thankful I had his jacket with us, because it was WINDY! I mean like blow-your-shirt-up-even-if-you-think-about-leaning-over windy. So I bundled him up and we went to play. I snapped this picture by sticking the little point & shoot through the hole in the tunnel. We didn't play too long, however, because I didn't have a jacket - it was near 70 out - but the wind made it feel at least 10 degrees cooler, especially in my short sleeves. Needless to say, he wasn't happy to get back in the carseat AGAIN. We made it home and he was more than ready for his nap.
This is a picture I snapped of John and me after lunch today. I'm getting creative about how to get pictures of me and him together. Yesterday I set the timer. Today, I set the camera on the island and just reached out to snap the picture. This picture was cropped, which explains why you don't see my arm reaching across the bottom of the frame. He likes to get in your face and give you kisses, the slobbery open mouth baby kisses.
John was walking unassisted a lot more today. He seemed very confident on his feet, but was just as content to push some thing around to help him.
A funny story - I'm including it here only so that I don't forget it. I need to remember this for at least 15 years...Tonight we went to SNBNA's house for pizza - our usual Friday night thing. It was fairly normal evening until it was time for us to go. A is potty training. So, when we left, he was busy. S walked us out to the car. B is still laid up with the skiing injury. So, she stayed inside. I guess she walked to the door and had it open, when A came running outside buck naked. That was humorous enough, but what came next had me doubled over in laughter. His new thing is to shoot you with pretend guns. (I guess all little boys go through this stage.) So there he is, legs slightly apart, rocked back on his heels, shooting his pretend guns at us from his front porch, buck naked. The scene was complete with shooting noises. It was too funny! I told him better get back inside because his Aunt Erin might just have to remind him of this when he's 18 - that's why I need to remember this. Finally, his parents corralled him back inside. I can only imagine the tales I'll have to tell when JHP gets to almost 3!
-EBP-
This is a picture I snapped of John and me after lunch today. I'm getting creative about how to get pictures of me and him together. Yesterday I set the timer. Today, I set the camera on the island and just reached out to snap the picture. This picture was cropped, which explains why you don't see my arm reaching across the bottom of the frame. He likes to get in your face and give you kisses, the slobbery open mouth baby kisses.
John was walking unassisted a lot more today. He seemed very confident on his feet, but was just as content to push some thing around to help him.
A funny story - I'm including it here only so that I don't forget it. I need to remember this for at least 15 years...Tonight we went to SNBNA's house for pizza - our usual Friday night thing. It was fairly normal evening until it was time for us to go. A is potty training. So, when we left, he was busy. S walked us out to the car. B is still laid up with the skiing injury. So, she stayed inside. I guess she walked to the door and had it open, when A came running outside buck naked. That was humorous enough, but what came next had me doubled over in laughter. His new thing is to shoot you with pretend guns. (I guess all little boys go through this stage.) So there he is, legs slightly apart, rocked back on his heels, shooting his pretend guns at us from his front porch, buck naked. The scene was complete with shooting noises. It was too funny! I told him better get back inside because his Aunt Erin might just have to remind him of this when he's 18 - that's why I need to remember this. Finally, his parents corralled him back inside. I can only imagine the tales I'll have to tell when JHP gets to almost 3!
-EBP-



Love your stories.
And very creative photo....and he is just too damn cute!