Mobility BooBoo #1
Today didn't start so hot! JHP got up early, and by 830, I had to put him down for a little nap. It was a short one. We had to be out of the house at 900a because of an obligation. I was feeding him breakfast and he didn't get his way and when I tried to console him, he was just beside himself. I asked him if he wanted a nap and he ended up going down without a fuss. I just don't understand his absolute meltdown as of late. It's like he can't control his emotions at all. He can be fine one minute and not the next. And it's definitely more than just trying to get attention or get his way.
After going to Bible study where he did fine in the nursery, we came home and he made it through most of lunch before the meltdown happened again. It was near 100p. So down he went for his second nap, which lasted 3 hrs 20 minutes minus 10-15 minutes at the 2 hr mark. He was in a much better mood this evening compared to days past. We played with his balloons and new toys until Daddy got home. And then we all played. John is really enjoying his new truck, pushing it around, backing it up, taking the blocks off that Daddy insists on putting on it. He even got on and rode it today pushing himself a few feet, but mostly playing with the buttons.
We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner (wow, it had been awhile!). And John was good throughout the meal. I took him into the play area and he was scared at first , but warmed up quickly. He especially enjoyed watching the older kids scamper around. After we got home, Daddy put him down in the living room to stretch his legs before we started the nighttime routine. I was in the kitchen. John was fine and then let out a yelp, a silent cry and them a scream. He evidently had fallen and hit the corner of the ottoman. He's gotten pretty confident the last couple of days and is being a little more adventurous about just taking off walking where he wants to go. I guess he just lost his balance and fell. There is a little gash and a lump on his cheek. Hopefully, his eye doesn't bruise up, too. He wouldn't let me put ice on it for very long because he decided that he would rather lick the ice (and I think the would was tender - duh!). Only one lick at a time with breaks in between, though. It was cold! I caught this picture of his wound only because I gave him my lens cap as a distraction.
His other tender spot today was his right thigh where he received two shots yesterday. There is a little knot under the skin and he doesn't want you to touch it. Make pulling his pants up after a diaper change difficult!
-EBP-
After going to Bible study where he did fine in the nursery, we came home and he made it through most of lunch before the meltdown happened again. It was near 100p. So down he went for his second nap, which lasted 3 hrs 20 minutes minus 10-15 minutes at the 2 hr mark. He was in a much better mood this evening compared to days past. We played with his balloons and new toys until Daddy got home. And then we all played. John is really enjoying his new truck, pushing it around, backing it up, taking the blocks off that Daddy insists on putting on it. He even got on and rode it today pushing himself a few feet, but mostly playing with the buttons.
We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner (wow, it had been awhile!). And John was good throughout the meal. I took him into the play area and he was scared at first , but warmed up quickly. He especially enjoyed watching the older kids scamper around. After we got home, Daddy put him down in the living room to stretch his legs before we started the nighttime routine. I was in the kitchen. John was fine and then let out a yelp, a silent cry and them a scream. He evidently had fallen and hit the corner of the ottoman. He's gotten pretty confident the last couple of days and is being a little more adventurous about just taking off walking where he wants to go. I guess he just lost his balance and fell. There is a little gash and a lump on his cheek. Hopefully, his eye doesn't bruise up, too. He wouldn't let me put ice on it for very long because he decided that he would rather lick the ice (and I think the would was tender - duh!). Only one lick at a time with breaks in between, though. It was cold! I caught this picture of his wound only because I gave him my lens cap as a distraction.
His other tender spot today was his right thigh where he received two shots yesterday. There is a little knot under the skin and he doesn't want you to touch it. Make pulling his pants up after a diaper change difficult!
-EBP-



I didn't even notice his boo-boo today! My goodness....you have gotten so good at blogging....almost every day! I know...it's no fun when they start the meltdowns for no apparent reason. It's shocking when your sweet baby starts getting mad, when he's never really done that before. He IS a toddler now!
PS. Cute pictures of the party!! We had so much fun....thank you again for including us....