Hallelujah - Momma saved me some Birthday Cake (until I was ready)!
So as we were finishing lunch this afternoon, I put some Birthday Cake on the tray. I had decided that it wasn't worth a fight earlier in the meal. So, after getting some pushback on the yogurt, I didn't want to push my luck with a veggie. John was consistently picking up his little snacks off the tray all during the meal, so I decided I'd just put some other stuff out and see what he'd eat. He had some turkey lunch meat and some cojack cheese, some goldfish (minus the tails - I thought they were a bit large) and some cracker. He readily ate at his own pace most of what I put on the tray. For kicks, I put some BD cake on the tray after serving myself a small slice of what is left of the small chocolate cake we got especially for JHP. Daddy had suggested I try some cake at a time when JHP wasn't already close to melt down - which means breakfast or lunch. At first, he just picked at the icing, then he actually grabbed a bite of frosting and put it in his mouth. Mmmmm! So then I gave him a bite of cake from my fork. Mmmm! Then he continued to pick at what was left on his tray and hamming it up for the camera.
After much washing up, including washing his hands in the sink like a big boy, using his new stool he got for his birthday (he thought it was cool that he could see the sink), we headed off to the park since the weather was really great. He took a turn in the swing and then on the little play equipment. Next we went down the big slide and John decided, much to my dismay, that he wanted to play in the sand. There were too many things to look at there (mostly trash!). Now, for those of you who don't know me very well, I don't like sand. It gets everywhere! So I proceeded to chase John around the park trying to encourage him to enjoy the grass and leave the sand alone. I was marginally successful...
When Daddy got home, he and John played a tickle game on the couch. They both had fun!
I should note that John has mastered the art of going down stairs for the most part. It was probably 2 weeks or so ago that he should us that he got the concept one night at SNBNA's on their stairs. He has since showed me this skill on the playground equipment that we frequent. And he's even used it to "back off" of furniture.
And would you believe that my son slept for over 12 hours last night! He must have been really tired. Unfortunately, he rarely sleeps late on the weekend. One can only hope that tonight is one of those rare instances!
-EBP-
After much washing up, including washing his hands in the sink like a big boy, using his new stool he got for his birthday (he thought it was cool that he could see the sink), we headed off to the park since the weather was really great. He took a turn in the swing and then on the little play equipment. Next we went down the big slide and John decided, much to my dismay, that he wanted to play in the sand. There were too many things to look at there (mostly trash!). Now, for those of you who don't know me very well, I don't like sand. It gets everywhere! So I proceeded to chase John around the park trying to encourage him to enjoy the grass and leave the sand alone. I was marginally successful...
When Daddy got home, he and John played a tickle game on the couch. They both had fun!
I should note that John has mastered the art of going down stairs for the most part. It was probably 2 weeks or so ago that he should us that he got the concept one night at SNBNA's on their stairs. He has since showed me this skill on the playground equipment that we frequent. And he's even used it to "back off" of furniture.
And would you believe that my son slept for over 12 hours last night! He must have been really tired. Unfortunately, he rarely sleeps late on the weekend. One can only hope that tonight is one of those rare instances!
-EBP-



Great photos. I especially love the ones eating cake. Amazing how fast they learn what is "good"!