An apple a day...


So this morning I decided that I was going to slice some apple for John and I'd eat the rest. Well, John helped me get it from the fridge and then waited impatiently while I washed it. It was a petite Honeycrisp - much smaller than you normally see at the store. John was dying to get his hands on it. So, I handed it over. It occupied him for most of my bowl of cereal. This was the first time I'd given him the whole apple. The last time it was just slices and that quickly grew BORING! You can see from the picture he made a little progress at biting through the skin and might have eaten a few bites. I sliced a piece off for him and he played with it, but didn't eat much. Oh and he did drop the apple off the tray (imagine that - at this age! of course!) and it rolled way across the kitchen. But Dad washed it off and I finished eating that well-used apple.

I've changed my approach to lunch and dinner feeding. I've started giving him some finger foods while I feed him the strained stuff. He seems to enjoy the independence and it buys me some time to eat, too. Yesterday, he couldn't get enough turkey lunchmeat. Today, it was cheese. I did try those chicken sticks, but he wasn't so thrilled with them. They smelled OK, but didn't look so appetizing.

He did sleep until 715a or so today, which I did not complain about. And he took a 2 hour nap this morning and a 2.5 hour nap this afternoon, waking at 500p. And he was still Mr. Whiny Butt this evening and ready for bath at 700p sharp, followed by bed at 740p, with NO complaints! I guess he's needing the sleep.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM)  

sounds like he's growing!
Lov Nana

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP