June's BD Party
| From JHP 06/12/10 |
We arrived fashionably late, but just in time for the blowing out of the candles. My son was unimpressed with the June's new gifts that he tore into. After cake and a quick rush through presents, the main event awaited. A huge inflatable water slide. So cool! All the kids were impressed!
| From JHP 06/12/10 |
| From JHP 06/12/10 |
| From JHP 06/12/10 |
We tried to pry John away to take him home for a nap, but he would have none of it. We knew it might be painful to go without a nap, but we figured it was a special occasion. So we stayed and played.
I decided I didn't want to miss out of the fun. So, I donned my bathing suit and had tons of fun on the slide myself. By the end of the afternoon, John was climbing the stairs by himself, repeating "I can do it!" - the mantra we gave him for encouragment - and going down the slide by himself, although THAT was not without a swift push from Momma. And Daddy picked up the camera to capture some fun moments between John and me.After we all dried off, we went to meet Jimmy, Jane, June, Nana, and Papa Jim for some dinner. John was super hungry and ate almost all his rice and all his beans, including some of mine. He was on a no-sleep high and had to be separated from June at the table. Just like a pesky little brother, he kept trying to touch her in some manner. Of course, on the way home, he fell asleep. But not deeply enough that he didn't wake when we got home. And of course, bedtime was painful. He was so exhausted that tears and wailing were his only form of communication.
There's a ton of photos on the WebAlbums. I didn't include all of the ones I took of the party and guests. I'll upload those separately tomorrow.
-EBP-

