Focus!
Can you tell he loves to look at himself in the mirror? Oh, and be silly? Or maybe this was all for the camera?
We had a good day today. My face is feeling a bit better. It's still swollen on the left and the bruise is more yellow today. John was in a great mood most of the day. We went to visit some friends and then went to the grocery, making it home for a late lunch and some play before nap. I think he slept his usual three hours. When I went to get him at 500p, he popped up as if he'd just been laying there awake. Then he asked me if I was feeling better. This has become a frequent question over the last two days. He (finally) understands that I haven't felt well.
You can rest assured you will almost always hear some of your words come out of your child. Lately, John has been repeating, "Focus, Focus!" and grabbing your face to get your attention. He's not trying to take your picture! I'm guilty of that when I'm trying to talk to him and all he's doing is either blabbering on or totally ignoring me. Tonight, he even tried to use it on Daddy and when Daddy asked me about it, I told him I was guilty.
Today, for some reason unbeknownst to me, my heart swells with pride at what he's grown into. Maybe I saw a glimpse of what he'll grow into. This strange combination of John and me. Too smart for his own britches. Scary smart! Either way, I love him more than words.
-EBP-


