A budding photographer
A while back we bought some Alphabet pasta and last night we cooked it for the first time. It's not just alphabets, but also numbers. And John likes it. He ate quite a bit last night, but tonight the leftovers didn't really appeal to him. In an effort to get him to eat some more, I found the letters of his name (with his help, of course) and spelled it out. Didn't really impress him and he didn't eat any more dinner. I I thought I'd snap a photo since I went to all the trouble to get them found and lined up. Have I mentioned that John knows how to spell his first name? I didn't really realize it until near the end of school. That is one of the things they worked on in circle time. Cool, huh?
I like this little smirk!
So serious! I mentioned that a while back I gave JHP the old point and shoot camera to play with. It was just collecting dust on the shelf. After a week or more, he finally asked for it again today. I told him when he could ask for it using the correct pronunciation and not "cramra", he could have it. After a little work, he did it. I think he finally got that he can't put his fingers on the lens that pops out and that he can see what he's taking in the little LCD on the back. He kinda missed those concepts the last time he used it. He was just so excited to USE it. He filled what was left of the little memory card up in no time. So I thought I'd dump it to the computer and see what he had taken.
And here's the result of the photo I took above. Not bad, really. In fact what surprised me the most was that overall the photos are pretty sharp. Granted they were all taken with a flash, but once he presses the button, he holds it still enough to get a pretty decent photo.
Another example of decent work, although I think Daddy has a chin that didn't make it in the photo.
Of course, he took plenty of this kind of finger portraits, too.
This one really surprised me. He turned the camera around on the first day I gave it to him, said "cheese" and kept taking photos, much like he does with his crab in the bathtub. Most of them were kind of interesting, to say the least, but this one blew me away. Look how sharp it is! You can see the tiny hairs on his face! I've uploaded all of his first "work" to his own folder on the WebAlbums. You can see them all here.
-EBP-
I like this little smirk!
So serious! I mentioned that a while back I gave JHP the old point and shoot camera to play with. It was just collecting dust on the shelf. After a week or more, he finally asked for it again today. I told him when he could ask for it using the correct pronunciation and not "cramra", he could have it. After a little work, he did it. I think he finally got that he can't put his fingers on the lens that pops out and that he can see what he's taking in the little LCD on the back. He kinda missed those concepts the last time he used it. He was just so excited to USE it. He filled what was left of the little memory card up in no time. So I thought I'd dump it to the computer and see what he had taken.
And here's the result of the photo I took above. Not bad, really. In fact what surprised me the most was that overall the photos are pretty sharp. Granted they were all taken with a flash, but once he presses the button, he holds it still enough to get a pretty decent photo.
-EBP-


