Hanging Out
This is what I found when I went in to quiet John during the beginning of what was supposed to be nap time. He was busy sticking his friends between his bed and the wall to "hang out". This explains why some of the small guys keep ending up behind the bed. The friends didn't stay there long, however. As soon as I'd covered him up, he wanted all his friends to join him under the big blanket Nana made for him. For the last month or so, John's requested to be covered with that blanket. And he always asks if Nana made it for him (I tell him yes) and if I'm going to sleep under the blanket Papa Jim made. I was kind of taken aback the first time he asked me that. Now I just chuckle and tell him that Papa Jim has not made any blankets as far as I know.
The Dads worked late tonight. So, Barbara and Andrew picked up some dinner and came over to keep us company. When Dad got home and he and I chatted, Barbara read some books to the boys, all squeezed into the chair together. It's so nice to have friends!
Health update: John's ear seems a bit better, although putting drops in is his least favorite thing to do. My mouth is somewhat better. The swelling is just about gone on the left side, finally. A slight yellowish bruise remains, although it's below the jawline. My teeth are still very sensitive and my jaw joint is tentative sometimes. This means that eating is still slow and laborious. My biggest complaint right now is that the left half of my lip and chin is still numb and tingling. You know that point when your leg begins to wake from being asleep and it's all prickly feeling and actually hurts. Imagine that 24 hours a day, instead of the fleeting feeling you get when it's your leg. I do hope that this doesn't linger too long. I knew it was a risk with the surgery, but I really didn't have a choice. My followup appointment is Tuesday.
-EBP-
The Dads worked late tonight. So, Barbara and Andrew picked up some dinner and came over to keep us company. When Dad got home and he and I chatted, Barbara read some books to the boys, all squeezed into the chair together. It's so nice to have friends!
Health update: John's ear seems a bit better, although putting drops in is his least favorite thing to do. My mouth is somewhat better. The swelling is just about gone on the left side, finally. A slight yellowish bruise remains, although it's below the jawline. My teeth are still very sensitive and my jaw joint is tentative sometimes. This means that eating is still slow and laborious. My biggest complaint right now is that the left half of my lip and chin is still numb and tingling. You know that point when your leg begins to wake from being asleep and it's all prickly feeling and actually hurts. Imagine that 24 hours a day, instead of the fleeting feeling you get when it's your leg. I do hope that this doesn't linger too long. I knew it was a risk with the surgery, but I really didn't have a choice. My followup appointment is Tuesday.
-EBP-


