Another trip to the doctor
We all slept very lightly last night. We didn't have to change sheets again, but JHP would periodically cough and cry out, all the while sleeping through it. The coughing sounded horrible! And each time for the first half of the night, Daddy or I would jump out of bed to go see. Kinda reminded me of when we first brought John home. Every little thing woke us. We did manage some solid sleep. And we all slept in a little. JHP was actually the last one up.
He woke with a fever again. I'd mostly decided that we needed to see the doctor at least to get something for the coughing. So I called first thing and we were the first ones there. The doctor was most concerned about the fever that hadn't broken and she found the explanation for that when she examined his ears. The left ear, which was in worse condition on Wednesday, looked as if the first antibiotic hadn't made a dent in it. The right one was better. So we got an antibiotic shot in both legs (it was too much for one alone), a new oral antibiotic, and a prescription decongestant. This required yet another trip to Walgreen's, where I'd been everyday since Monday this week. The doctor said if his fever hasn't broken by Sunday night that we should plan to bring him in on Monday for another round of shots.
John responded well to the shots (not happy, but no reaction) and was in a pretty decent mood the rest of the day. He did nap well, although he woke up midway for a dose of Motrin. I've heard "put me back in my bed please" more times in the last three days that I've ever heard the other 28 months of his life.
He's not eating a whole lot, but I guess I should be thankful since we had to change the sheets again tonight. But that's down one from yesterday, right? His milk intake is up from earlier in the week and he'll drink lots of water. He's not coughing as much tonight, either. I'm hoping we are on the backside of this cold.
We laid low today for the most part. We did venture out for lunch. I decided it was time to sink my teeth into a big juicy hamburger, something I hadn't done since way before I had my wisdom teeth out. And I was missing it! It was yummy! And since JHP needed to eat something, I was content to let him eat all the fries he wanted. He just didn't want many.
-EBP-

