Snowy Sunday


We (Grandpa, Karen, James, us, & Bev) all went to church this morning, although John didn't make it very far into the service. On the way in we ran into some of the ladies from the church in the hall and they all gushed over John with proud Grandma standing by. He didn't pull his usual shy, hide-in-Momma routine. Instead, he batted his eyelashes and smiled his best smiles. And they were impressed! We went down and played in the nursery while PawPaw preached his sermon. Afterward we went to Olive Garden for a nice lunch. It had started to snow while we were in church and continued most of the day. When we returned from lunch, we spent some time visiting before it was nap time. John and MawMaw read some books. While reading the Belly Button book, he got real silly saying Be Bu and gave himself the hiccups (this is not too hard to do really). We said our goodbyes to Karen and James and to Grandpa who was being taken to his home on their way home. It was an emotional time, as goodbyes always are.



John took a marathon nap and woke up to lots of snow, although he couldn't see it too well because it was mostly dark by the time he woke. Tom had trudged out to get the paper when it lightened up a bit, leaving his footprints in the snow. It was a pretty snow for most of the day, then it got quite heavy. I'm sure we had 3-4 inches, at least. The rest of the day was filled with dinner and playing and packing. Tomorrow we go home. Hopefully the flights and weather cooperate.

We talked a lot this week about how John's words and sentences have improved. He was seriously a parrot the last several days. He's saying "no way" WAY too much. I need that replaced ASAP! Bev asked me if I could tell how his speech had changed and when I thought about it, I was kind of amazed. I think one of his first three word sentences happened over Thanksgiving. And this week, he put FIVE words together. He really trying to have a conversation and you can see the wheels turning when he's trying to get something out of his mouth. Every once in a while, it's gibberish (and he knows it!), but mostly it's words you use every day. And he's using them correctly. I'm sure the teachers at school next week will let me know just how far he's come. Or even my Mom who's coming this week might notice the difference since we saw her fairly recently.

Don't know much else. We've had a great time here and I can't believe the week has flown by so fast. I was really dreading being gone so long from home, but it really worked out nicely. We had plenty of busy time, plenty of down time and little-to-no terrible toddler time, which really made things so much nicer. I'm sure we'll be happy to sleep in our own beds tomorrow, especially after all the travel.

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP