Christmas Eve with the Pitchers


The day started out pretty good. We got some breakfast and while JHP was busy watching the Imagination Movers, Daddy and Grandpa made his secret recipe "Chex Mix". Daddy was the brawn of the operation while Grandpa was the brains.

John and I joined MawMaw on a trip to the grocery. It wasn't the most pleasant trip. John whined the whole way there about his paapaa (or really, the lack thereof), but he was fine in the store. And then he whined the whole way home. I was just about strung out by the time we made it into the house. He was obviously hungry and just couldn't deal. He managed to eat most of his lunch in between sucks on the paapaa, not a behavior we often condone, but desperate times call for desperate measures. He did take a decent nap and was in a good mood the rest of the day.


Aunt Susan got John a 4 foot fire engine puzzle for Christmas. It took Daddy, Susan and Laura some effort to get it together and show John, but he seemed more interested in the puzzle that the adults were working on. It's the same one we started (and never finished) last November when we were all together. A real challenging one of 1000 pieces and lots of the same colors all over. The first piece JHP picked up was one Laura and I had been looking for for quite a while.


MawMaw and PawPaw got John a Little People Farm and a Lego Duplo Thomas the Train for Christmas. He enjoyed both of them tonight, and I'm sure he'll enjoy them much more in days to come. Aunt Celia, Uncle Dale, Laura, and Amanda got John some Sandra Boynton books. I'm so sure those will become staples in the reading rotation when we get home.


Since John's been going on and on for weeks about Jesus' birthday, I made some cupcakes today for us to celebrate. We lit one candle and sang Happy Birthday Jesus. And then John and Daddy blew out the candle. He was most excited and wished to sing again later. So we did.


As you can see he enjoyed his chocolate frosting right from the start. I didn't even see how he managed to get it on his nose. He was so quick about it. Unlike most kids, he did eat some of the cupcake, although Daddy had to help him with the fork. John still doesn't like to have messy hands. I hope I didn't make him that way, but cleaning his hands a million times when he was younger.

Everyone else went off to church. Service was late and we thought it best to have John in bed on time. We are supposed to play our Dirty Santa game after church is out, but that might just get put off until tomorrow. I'll fill you in then about anything else I miss reporting tonight!

-EBP-

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP