Going home

The weather made the trip to the airport a little more fun. We got stuck behind a snowplow on the way to the Interstate, but still made it to the airport in plenty of time. But getting out at the airport, it was blasted cold. Bone chilling cold. I was only outside for a few minutes and it took me just as long to warm back up, in my coat, in the airport. Brrr! I think we came home just in time. Although, I was pretty disappointed when the pilot told us on the plane that it was only 34 in Houston. I thought (and said aloud) "That's just wrong!" Anyway, we let John burn some energy and he had great fun running up and down the aisle in the terminal. It was pretty quiet at the airport so we didn't have to worry about losing him in the crowds.

I tried to get a picture of Daddy and John, but he didn't want to stop long enough and he was more interested in my lap. So I handed the camera over and Dad snapped a couple of John and me. John behaved pretty well on the plane. He did get a bit anxious to get moving while we were de-iced. There was only so much to read and he wanted the DVD player on. But we had to wait. The only other time he was totally not listening was when it was time to buckle up for landing. I actually had to give him a little spanking. I'm pretty sure it didn't hurt because he didn't cry, but he knew I meant business and he did straighten up after that and allow me to buckle him in.

Our "chauffeur" Renee' picked us up at the airport and we took her home. When we got there, we went to visit her chickens. John was timid at first, but soon decided he wanted to try to feed the chickens some weeds. He even called one of the chickens by name after just listening to us talk about them. And was he excited when they took some dandelion green from him. Where was the camera? In the car! Bad Momma! Oh well.

We deliberated over what to do next. I figured we'd better get some food in him and then worry about a nap. So we stopped for some sandwiches and fed John. Well, we tried. He wasn't much interested in the sandwich I'd packed for him that morning. But he did drink all his milk and had some pretzels and chips. Oh, and one grape. Anyway, I decided I'd hand over the blankie and paapaa just to keep the car quiet and him happy. We'd deal with how long he slept later. He did fall asleep for about 30 minutes or so and woke near the house. He seemed open to the idea of continuing his nap in his bed. So I laid him down. He woke 2 hours later. Happy. And excited to be home with all his own stuff to play with. He did get quite upset when it was time for bed. But I think he just wanted to color some more. And when he didn't get his way, he could quite control his emotions. We managed to get him ready for bed and he was happy to be there.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP