More snow


After we all gathered for a great breakfast of Grandpa's French Toast and brown sugar syrup (which John wouldn't even taste - but he did learn the word "delicious" from Uncle James), we all said our good-bye's to the Rodenmeyers who had to get on the road to see their other grandpa in Missouri. The weather was quite cold and windy this morning. It had snowed overnight just a bit. So since John looked like he was pining away at the door, I figured I'd take him outside to explore. He was less timid this time about the snow and we even climbed up the stairs to the tree house in the backyard. I took this as John was peeking back inside from the "back porch" of the little house. I'm just loving this picture! We continued to wander around the back, side and front yards until John got a little fussy and wanted me to hold him. Since I wasn't going to tote him around, we went inside to warm our hands and cheeks. He was definitely ready.


John really warmed to Uncle James and climbed right up in his lap several times today. Although, I suspected from the start of this time, he was really after the glasses and I was right. I know I posted one of these yesterday, but I couldn't resist posting another. Too cute!


And since Andy's glasses were too far away, we tried them on John, too.

Some of us went to eat lunch out today and then we went to a movie. Daddy, John and Andy came home after lunch and enjoyed a quiet afternoon. After the movie (The Blind Side - really good, btw), Susan departed. A little while later Andy left, leaving just us, Grandpa, MawMaw & PawPaw, and Aunt Karen and Uncle James. And right before dinner, Karen and James went back to the hotel. The house became rather quiet with only John's chatter to liven the place up.


MawMaw took advantage of the quiet time to read some books to John. He'd been so stimulated this weekend that sitting still for a book was a very rare occurrence. There was too much to do and too many folks to entertain. But the time together was just what they both needed, I think.

-EBP-

Cheryl  – (December 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM)  

Oh my, what cute photos!

With regard to the Blogger editor, all my photos were stacked on top of each other, with my divider image mixed in...it looked horrible...had to switch back to the other editor.

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP