Ringo Starr?
I looked up to see what had JHP so excited and he was standing on his horse, so proud of himself. But Daddy thought it was too dangerous and by the time I'd gotten the camera , JHP was convinced too and got down. But he didn't seem too deterred and decided to get back on. Daddy allowed me to snap some pictures and then John was done standing on his horse (for today - I'm sure it won't be the last time!).
We took some time in our normally busy Sunday morning to romp and play on our big bed. John loves to jump on our bed, although he has now added jumping in his bed to his repertoire. He was pretty funny this morning. He'd get down and then want some help to climb up. He was most obviously practicing his mounting and dismounting.
Daddy and John went to church while I went to Lake Charles to celebrate the coming birth of our friends Amy's & Jaime's baby boy. I took all the clothing that I had stored away. There's so much space in John's closet now he might even want to play in there. Daddy and John had a good day, for the most part. John was really wanting me when he woke from his nap, but they managed without me. And he was REAL happy to see me when I pulled the car in the garage. I was just in time for bath and bed.
During bath, John said something that sounded like "Ringo Starr." Huh? My first thought was that Daddy had been playing the Beatles for John today. "Ringo Starr?", I said. "Uh-huh", he said. Then I hear Daddy's voice from the other room: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" Then JHP proceeds to sing the whole song at warp speed, skipping the most unimportant words. The whole song! So I asked Daddy, if he taught him that. No, he didn't. But that is in a couple of his books and the CD they listened to the other night has it. And occasionally we'll sing it to him, but not all that often. But he knows it. Well, at least the important words. I guess we've begun a new fun part of John's toddlerhood, the discovery of new words and that the fact that he knows them without us having to work at it. He really is a sponge these days! And I'm loving it! And I love him, even when he cries and whines. Please know that, John Harrison, when you read this many years from now. That even on the hardest days, I wouldn't trade you for the world!
Thanks Amy for reminding me that through it all, I do love him more than I can even fathom! I just don't often talk about the mushy mother love stuff, just the ugh getting on my nerves stuff. Soon, you too will have that grand opportunity to experience it! All the best, girlfriend!
-EBP-
We took some time in our normally busy Sunday morning to romp and play on our big bed. John loves to jump on our bed, although he has now added jumping in his bed to his repertoire. He was pretty funny this morning. He'd get down and then want some help to climb up. He was most obviously practicing his mounting and dismounting.
Daddy and John went to church while I went to Lake Charles to celebrate the coming birth of our friends Amy's & Jaime's baby boy. I took all the clothing that I had stored away. There's so much space in John's closet now he might even want to play in there. Daddy and John had a good day, for the most part. John was really wanting me when he woke from his nap, but they managed without me. And he was REAL happy to see me when I pulled the car in the garage. I was just in time for bath and bed.
During bath, John said something that sounded like "Ringo Starr." Huh? My first thought was that Daddy had been playing the Beatles for John today. "Ringo Starr?", I said. "Uh-huh", he said. Then I hear Daddy's voice from the other room: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" Then JHP proceeds to sing the whole song at warp speed, skipping the most unimportant words. The whole song! So I asked Daddy, if he taught him that. No, he didn't. But that is in a couple of his books and the CD they listened to the other night has it. And occasionally we'll sing it to him, but not all that often. But he knows it. Well, at least the important words. I guess we've begun a new fun part of John's toddlerhood, the discovery of new words and that the fact that he knows them without us having to work at it. He really is a sponge these days! And I'm loving it! And I love him, even when he cries and whines. Please know that, John Harrison, when you read this many years from now. That even on the hardest days, I wouldn't trade you for the world!
Thanks Amy for reminding me that through it all, I do love him more than I can even fathom! I just don't often talk about the mushy mother love stuff, just the ugh getting on my nerves stuff. Soon, you too will have that grand opportunity to experience it! All the best, girlfriend!
-EBP-


