New game in town & 22 months!
But, I think he only caught 2 butterflies the whole afternoon. That was OK with him, though. He just liked carrying around the butterfly nets.
The second thing or I should say things, really, we got from SNBNA is seven Mr. Potato Heads. We had fun this afternoon putting each one together. John felt like he had to use all the glasses we had, so even Darth Tater had glasses on. I'll have to get some pictures of our creations the next time we play.
Today was the last day of MDO for 2009. I made good use of my time, ran some errands, met some friends for lunch, and finally got the 2010 JHP calendars uploaded and ordered. YEAH! Next year, I really am going to start earlier! Really! And we finished up the Christmas cards tonight and I'll take them to the post office tomorrow. I custom-made that one, too. My computer projects are just about done for this year, except for the 2009 blog books which are only started at this point. Now I just need to wrap my gifts and get thinking about packing for our trip. What fun!
Ugh! What was I thinking? I posted this and forgot all about the fact that John is 22 months old today. I can't believe that in two months he'll be TWO! So I've added this edit... We weighed him last weekend and he was a little over 27 lbs. He's talking up a storm. Most of it is fairly clear and easily understood. He likes to sing songs, but I think Mommy and Daddy need to learn some more to appease him. He does know that the baby in the manger is Jesus (finally). He still sucks his paapaa during sleep time in bed, but that is not enough, he needs his blankie, too. He can tell you when he has a BM, but lately isn't really interested in getting it changed right then. He used to eat a banana almost every morning, but in the last couple of weeks, he won't eat one at all. He likes Daddy's cereal better than Mommy's most days. He's all about M&M's and Nemo gummy snacks. He really wants to feed himself with a spoon. And he refers to himself in the third person: "John do it." And he's getting better at it, although he gets easily frustrated and says "Mommy do it" or "Daddy do it." We don't use gates anymore in the house. He usually stays where we are. His favorite TV shows are Imagination Movers, Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, and lately Little Einsteins. He listens pretty well to most instructions, but can be so hardheaded, it drives me nuts. He loves to read and has gotten to the point where he can finish most sentences in the books we read regularly, we've read them so much. He can count to 10, but skips 3 and 8 most times. He can identify all 9 numeral, although zero is an O (too most adults, too!) He can almost sing the whole ABC song and he can identify all the capital letters in the alphabet and some of the lowercase as well. I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting. But I do know that I love this little man more than words can express.
-EBP-


