A surprise!

Our morning started off with a surprise. Our doorbell rang while we were still lounging around enjoying another cup of coffee / tea. I looked at John since I wasn't expecting anyone and he went to go get rid of the solicitor that I expected to be at our front door. But it wasn't a solicitor at all! It was some friends of Tom and Bev's from Fortville who were on their way to South Padre and decided to stop by to check out the little one they'd never met. JHP came running and was soon scooped up by Jim. Although by the time it was Carolyn's turn, he regained his shyness and decided that I was his safe haven. We invited them in and we shared some good conversation getting to know one another a bit. By the time they were getting ready to leave, JHP must have decided they were OK and gave each of them a big hug. I couldn't help but shake my head and chuckle when I thought about our visitors. I can honestly say this was probably the only time someone has dropped in unannounced that we didn't know personally (but at least knew of) that we enjoyed so much. What a charming couple and I can see why Tom and Bev like them so much. It started the day off pretty nicely.

We went to visit Uncle Jimmy yesterday who was home recovering from his tonsillectomy. One thing we brought home was a now-too-small-for-June bicycle helmet. John loves it! Yes - it's purple with flowers on it. But it was free and I expect some spray paint with address the issue of color rather easily. And I don't expect him to wear it for too long anyway. It already fits rather well. If left to his own devices, John tends to put it on backwards.

But Daddy helped him turn it around and put it on correctly. He was quite a sight with his helmet, firefighter rubber boots, and a head band of mine around his neck.

This evening we went out to a local crawfish festival. We did eat some crawfish, although JHP did not. John was content to eat his peanut butter sandwich (and people watch!). I really should have had him hold a cooked one, but I didn't think of it until later and he'd probably would not have done it anyway. He wasn't much impressed. I think he likes them better when we see them live in the grocery store.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP