Big Head & Little Ball


Today was a very good day! There were no major complaints from anyone. And I heard very little crying/whining from John. It was so nice. We did make a trip out to Target, where we picked up a couple of things for John. First, he got a new bike helmet. We've been using a hand me down from June that wasn't exactly gender neutral. But more than that, it seemed really tight on John's head. So after trying a 5 yr+ helmet on his head, I decided I'd stick with that size. It fits snugly, but doesn't seem too tight. It's got some really cool green bugs on top! And kinda sparkles when light hits certain swirls in the paint (you can't tell from this photo). Best of all, John likes it. He wore it for quite a while this evening around the house while he was playing. Tomorrow we'll take it for a test drive.

The second thing we bought today was a mini basketball. This is not a toy. It feels just like a full size, except it's a mini. We spent a good part of our playtime together practicing our dribbling. John gets a bit frustrated, but I think I have him convinced that he has to practice in order to get better. "Even Momma has trouble dribbling, too.", I told him. I see many a finger kissing in my future just based on today's experience. Do you all remember what it's like to jam your finger, even lightly, on a basketball?

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP