Strawberries!

We finally made it to pick strawberries. And lucky we waited because Barbara and Andrew got to join us. And although it doesn't look like it from the picture above, everyone else in the area decided to go, too. It is Good Friday and the kids were out of school. This only became an issue upon check-out. There was a long line to just get a bucket. All total we spent about an hour waiting in line to get our berries boxed and then to pay for them. They have other things at the farm. So, while we waited in line, Barbara and I shopped for some great fresh produce. By the end, the boys were spent and ready to go! I we go again this season, it will definitely be on a weekday when the kids are in school.

The picking was easy and fun. There were loads to be picked and they looked absolutely "beautiful" - John's word for the week. He said it a lot today.

Both John and Andrew very pretty good about only picking the completely red ones. I didn't have to help too much as the ripe ones snapped right off.

We brought home one buckets worth, which cost us about $10 for five and a half pounds. When we got home, I washed about a dozen or so small ones and John and I sampled the lovely berries. Daddy couldn't even resist them when he got home. They are so good! I need to wash and freeze some tomorrow. And I think we'll make some strawberry ice cream, too.

-EBP-
Posted by Picasa

Post a Comment

You can let us know what you think at any time by leaving us a comment here!

About Me

My Photo
EBPitcher
Houston, Texas, United States
What life is like at our house...
View my complete profile

Visits

Peanut's Gallery

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP