Sticks
John and the beanstalks. We put this trellis up on Saturday and already the plants are using it. If you look closely (click the collage to make it bigger), you'll see that one of them has climbed higher than John is tall.
We went through the acorn phase. Now we are in the stick phase. When we go for walks, John likes to pick up sticks (twigs, really). These two we found yesterday on our walk. He wanted them inside, but I convinced him they would be better on the back porch. He was excited to see them again when I pointed them out after dinner tonight.
He found the ground soft enough that he could stick them in an old ant mound. I'm pretty sure that one of these days a not-so-old ant mound will get poked and John will discover why we've been warning him to stay away from the ant piles. He can recognize them. But more than once on our walk yesterday we happened across a pile that had been built in the sidewalk crack. He took great steps to be sure and walk on the mound. Some things he'll just have to learn for himself. No amount of warnings from Momma are going to do the job.
-EBP-
We went through the acorn phase. Now we are in the stick phase. When we go for walks, John likes to pick up sticks (twigs, really). These two we found yesterday on our walk. He wanted them inside, but I convinced him they would be better on the back porch. He was excited to see them again when I pointed them out after dinner tonight.
He found the ground soft enough that he could stick them in an old ant mound. I'm pretty sure that one of these days a not-so-old ant mound will get poked and John will discover why we've been warning him to stay away from the ant piles. He can recognize them. But more than once on our walk yesterday we happened across a pile that had been built in the sidewalk crack. He took great steps to be sure and walk on the mound. Some things he'll just have to learn for himself. No amount of warnings from Momma are going to do the job.
-EBP-



