What's this?
I had my new point and shoot with me and thought I'd capture some shots. But he mostly refused to look at the camera. I thought I had a great shot here until he decided he needed to check out the lens. I had the wide angle on so he was definitely close enough to reach out and touch the camera.
He was a bit whiny this afternoon. The littlest thing that didn't go his way would set him off whining. He couldn't hold the camera. I couldn't hand him his snack fast enough when we were in the car. He wanted to hold something I wouldn't let him at the grocery. He wanted to be home NOW. Thankfully this eased a bit after we got home. SNBNA came over for dinner. It was rare weeknight get together but between their travel schedule and ours, we hadn't been all together in over two weeks. We had a nice visit and even got John into bed before 800p.
In talking with John's teachers today, I learned that he might actually know his colors better than we think and I learned the reason behind why he always says, "Noooo!" so emphatically when we read the story Does a Kangaroo have a Mother, too? last week. They read Are you my Mother? at school and the kids always answer "Noooo!" in response to the question. In John's mind he must have thought this was the same story, at least at first. And once he got our reaction to his response, I'm sure he just kept doing it. As for the colors, when I mentioned that he calls everything green when we ask what color things are, his teachers acted surprised. Their immediate response was that they thought he knew his colors pretty well. So maybe, all this time, he just been trying to give us a hard time. Could it be that he could really know them and just want to irritate us by always saying green? The teachers said they'd investigate for me. I'll let you know what they say...
-EBP-


