Talk to the (turkey) hand
Today MDO was a half day (in honor of being out all next week, too) and they had a little Thanksgiving Feast to celebrate. I showed up a bit early and forgot my camera. It honestly didn't occur to me to take some pics of the event. They had decorated the tables and each kid had this cute little headband on. John even asked me to take a picture when I got there. He knows me so well. I made him pose in his headband when we got home so that I would have something to show you. He looks so cute in it.
One of the projects they did this week was to make a hand into a turkey. Then the teachers laminated it for use as a place mat. I'm amazed that John's turned out so neat. And he thought it was cool, too. He kept wanted to hold it and look at it.
This evening was pretty good except that John didn't want to get with the program and brush his teeth. Then all he wanted in the bath was the paapaa. He didn't want to be cooperative when it came to getting dressed in his PJ's and by that time, I'd had enough and excused myself not so nicely. Daddy ended up putting him to bed. But the evening and my absence (I think) had taken it's toll. John cried hard when Daddy left him in his bed. Then I returned after five minutes of crying. I didn't rock him but I picked him up and held him. But he still wasn't happy when I put him down. Daddy went back 5 minutes later when John was still crying. Same response when Daddy left. Rocking him each time would quiet him, but putting him back in the bed would start him crying again. I went in 10 minutes later and rocked him. Finally after this last time I went in, he only cried for about 5 minutes when I left and we haven't heard from him since. I hope this is not the start of a new phase with regards to bedtime. We've had it so good recently since all we normally have to do is rock him a bit and put him in his bed.
-EBP-
One of the projects they did this week was to make a hand into a turkey. Then the teachers laminated it for use as a place mat. I'm amazed that John's turned out so neat. And he thought it was cool, too. He kept wanted to hold it and look at it.
This evening was pretty good except that John didn't want to get with the program and brush his teeth. Then all he wanted in the bath was the paapaa. He didn't want to be cooperative when it came to getting dressed in his PJ's and by that time, I'd had enough and excused myself not so nicely. Daddy ended up putting him to bed. But the evening and my absence (I think) had taken it's toll. John cried hard when Daddy left him in his bed. Then I returned after five minutes of crying. I didn't rock him but I picked him up and held him. But he still wasn't happy when I put him down. Daddy went back 5 minutes later when John was still crying. Same response when Daddy left. Rocking him each time would quiet him, but putting him back in the bed would start him crying again. I went in 10 minutes later and rocked him. Finally after this last time I went in, he only cried for about 5 minutes when I left and we haven't heard from him since. I hope this is not the start of a new phase with regards to bedtime. We've had it so good recently since all we normally have to do is rock him a bit and put him in his bed.
-EBP-




Benjamin made a similar hat at school. He has been putting it on and telling me he has on his "Indian ears." So funny.