Not so normal Sunday
Our Sunday started out later than usual. We all slept until 830a. When I went in to check on John, he was awake and had a fever of 102. We broke out the Tylenol again and moved on to breakfast. Even though John had no other symptoms, we decided that church was not a good idea. I try to be mindful of others when it comes to spreading germs around. He was mostly his normal self this morning, although he was slightly calmer than normal. We ate lunch in and then it was time for a nap.
The napping didn't go so well. John woke up after an hour and was pretty upset. I tried to calm him and he did settle down a little, after which I put him a back in his bed. He cried a little and then cried a lot. Daddy went in to comfort him, but John asked for me. After more rocking and lots more crying I figured we better change directions. More nap was not going to happen. He was crying still but started saying breakfast. I explained that breakfast was over, but we could have a snack. But he continued to cry. We checked his temperature and it was normal. We asked him if anything hurt and he said no. But he cried still. I figured Tylenol wouldn't hurt so we gave him some and got a snack.
Things did get better after that. Daddy and he played for quite a while. And then Daddy and I played some Wii bowling. I won! As it was nearing dinner time, I suggested we get out of the house. We'd only been out for short while to take the recycles. I thought a change of scenery would do us all good. So we headed out to dinner at the Pea where John got some crayons and colored. He didn't eat much, but colored a lot.

The napping didn't go so well. John woke up after an hour and was pretty upset. I tried to calm him and he did settle down a little, after which I put him a back in his bed. He cried a little and then cried a lot. Daddy went in to comfort him, but John asked for me. After more rocking and lots more crying I figured we better change directions. More nap was not going to happen. He was crying still but started saying breakfast. I explained that breakfast was over, but we could have a snack. But he continued to cry. We checked his temperature and it was normal. We asked him if anything hurt and he said no. But he cried still. I figured Tylenol wouldn't hurt so we gave him some and got a snack.
Things did get better after that. Daddy and he played for quite a while. And then Daddy and I played some Wii bowling. I won! As it was nearing dinner time, I suggested we get out of the house. We'd only been out for short while to take the recycles. I thought a change of scenery would do us all good. So we headed out to dinner at the Pea where John got some crayons and colored. He didn't eat much, but colored a lot.
After we got home, there was time for a few more stories to be read. Daddy and John read a story from his Bible Stories and then read a prayer. And then they read this new book we got called Tumble Bumble a couple of times. It's a good book. We all like it.
There was no crying or fussing at bedtime, but some laughter and some loving. Let's hope the night is good to John in that he sleeps well and the fever does not return.
-EBP-
There was no crying or fussing at bedtime, but some laughter and some loving. Let's hope the night is good to John in that he sleeps well and the fever does not return.
-EBP-


