Good Day!
I'm keeping this short today (as short as I can given I have some things I want to mention). It's late and I need to get to bed. Today was a pretty good day. We made it through the day (what part of it he spent with Dad and me) without much fussing, unless you count the part when John realized I was gone from the house at bedtime. Daddy managed to calm him and they made out OK without me.
After MDO, John and I went to the playground where I discovered that he would go down the curvy slide all by himself. I'd never seen my uber-cautious son so this one before. But he does play on this playground everyday at school. I should have known he'd be comfortable with it. We had a doctor's appointment for his seasonal flu shot at 320p, but John was ready to leave the playground long before that. So we stopped for ice cream at Mickey D's. We had a sundae and a milkshake, which was new to John. I told him it had ice cream in it. That's all he really needed to know. He kept asking for more. The flu shot went WAY better than I expected. I figured he'd at least cry. But he didn't. He winced and started to act like he was going to cry, but he had his blankie and it was all OK. I was so PROUD!
We came home and did some stuff, which included making our bed. So, then he jumped on the bed. Probably not the best precedent we've ever set here, but he likes it and he's careful.
He soon decided he was done and found one of Wicket's play mice. She was under the bed and he decided he'd try to entice her out with it. No luck! Then he ran to the kitchen. She needed treats. So we set some treats out for her. I'm sure she ate them AFTER he went to bed. Poor guy just moves too fast for her taste. It's not like he'll bug her even if she stays put. He just wants to get a little closer and say "Hi!"
Look what got delivered today! I've published my first book. I took the entries from last year and published them in a book for posterity. I imagine at some point as John grows I will remove the early posts but I wanted to keep a record. I used Blurb to format and print. I ordered two so that we could "use" one and put the other up for archiving. (I can order more if you'd like a copy of your own!) I wasn't sure of their quality so I ordered one of the regular paper and one of the premium. The premium paper is so much nicer and worth the extra money. I'm working on this year's book already. I think I'll have at least 3 volumes, just based on the number of posts I've made. It's a slow sometimes frustrating process, but it is so worth it to see it in print.
-EBP-
After MDO, John and I went to the playground where I discovered that he would go down the curvy slide all by himself. I'd never seen my uber-cautious son so this one before. But he does play on this playground everyday at school. I should have known he'd be comfortable with it. We had a doctor's appointment for his seasonal flu shot at 320p, but John was ready to leave the playground long before that. So we stopped for ice cream at Mickey D's. We had a sundae and a milkshake, which was new to John. I told him it had ice cream in it. That's all he really needed to know. He kept asking for more. The flu shot went WAY better than I expected. I figured he'd at least cry. But he didn't. He winced and started to act like he was going to cry, but he had his blankie and it was all OK. I was so PROUD!
We came home and did some stuff, which included making our bed. So, then he jumped on the bed. Probably not the best precedent we've ever set here, but he likes it and he's careful.
He soon decided he was done and found one of Wicket's play mice. She was under the bed and he decided he'd try to entice her out with it. No luck! Then he ran to the kitchen. She needed treats. So we set some treats out for her. I'm sure she ate them AFTER he went to bed. Poor guy just moves too fast for her taste. It's not like he'll bug her even if she stays put. He just wants to get a little closer and say "Hi!"
Look what got delivered today! I've published my first book. I took the entries from last year and published them in a book for posterity. I imagine at some point as John grows I will remove the early posts but I wanted to keep a record. I used Blurb to format and print. I ordered two so that we could "use" one and put the other up for archiving. (I can order more if you'd like a copy of your own!) I wasn't sure of their quality so I ordered one of the regular paper and one of the premium. The premium paper is so much nicer and worth the extra money. I'm working on this year's book already. I think I'll have at least 3 volumes, just based on the number of posts I've made. It's a slow sometimes frustrating process, but it is so worth it to see it in print.
-EBP-


